Linkage Assurance PLC, (Linkage) was incorporated on the 26th of March 1991. The company was licensed on the 7th of October 1993 to transact general business and commenced operations in January,1994. Linkage is a public limited company that has been listed on the floors of the Nigeria Stock Exchange since 2003. In 2004, the company won the President’s Merit Award for the Insurance Sector, awarded by the Nigeria Stock Exchange.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Insurance Underwriter
- Analyse risk in Insurance proposals, determine policy terms and calculate premiums
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake Risk Evaluation analysis; pricing and Underwriting
- Prepare Broker Portfolios Loss Profile
- determine and advise the Reinsurance appropriate placement of excess capacity risk or risk of adverse features including internal co-insurance where necessary
- Regular monitoring of the risk exposures viz a viz the Company’s risk appetite and retention for each business portfolio.
- Generating Online Marine transactions update
- Assesses branch marine transactions to ensure they meet with company standards.
- Supporting marketing initiatives by generating tailor made proposals for specific client’s insurance requirements
- Attends to all RFQ (Request for Quotation)
- Provide effective technical back up support to the marketers in order to deliver a pleasant customer experience and professional risk management advisory services
- Upload of vehicles into Nigerian Insurance Industry Database (NIID).
- Ensure Full compliance to Underwriting Guidelines/Standard Operating Procedures
- Prepare and deliver policy deliverables (i.e. policy documents, endorsements, Certificates, Warranties and Clauses as well as Debit and Credit Notes to Clients/Brokers
- Timely keying in and approval of business transactions
- Generation of Reports for Regular review and reconciliation ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Ensure payment to co-insurers and service providers are processed on timely
- Experience based risk pricing in order to achieve profitable underwriting results.
- Prepare and deliver policy deliverables
- Compute loss ratios of all renewable policies using the Paid and Outstanding Claim schedules
- Generate renewal letters of all renewable policies that fall within the acceptable loss ratios
- Review renewal terms and conditions of policies with unfavourable loss ratios
- B.Sc./HND in relevant discipline, ACII
- Proven Insurance Underwriting Skills
- Confident decision making skills
- Excellent knowledge of insurance policies
- Proven numeracy and statistical skills
- Possession of a Masters degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite
Job Title: Financial Auditor
- Carry out a detailed verification of ledgers postings from the books of primary entry, the totals and also balances of the accounts, the comparison of schedule of balances with the balances of various personal and nominal accounts or with the balances in the controls account.
- Appraise for accuracy and completeness the postings to: bought ledger, sales ledger, general ledger, main journal and self-balancing and sectional balancing ledger.
- Review for completeness and accuracy all Balance sheet accounts – Petty cash, checking and savings accounts, Investments, Receivables, Capital assets – Payables.
- Review for completeness and accuracy all income statement accounts – Tax revenues, General revenues, Payroll disbursements, Overhead disbursements.
- Review to ensure all reconciliation of accounts has been done and suspense accounts zerorised before the month book closing.
- Ensure appropriate journals are being raised for items requiring adjustments prior to the end of the month book closing.
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
- Completes audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
Skills and Qualifications
- B.Sc in Accounting with at least 7 years cognate experience
- Relevant professional qualification – ACA or ACCA.
- At least 5 years of External Audit experience which includes, auditing of insurance firms.
- Must have worked in supervisory capacity, with down reporting lines.
- Proficiency in Audit Report writing and memorandum.
- Ability to use ACL audit software is a must.
- Practical experience in IT Audit is an added advantage.
- Good communication skills.
Job Title: Head, Information Technology
- He has overall responsibility for information technology (IT), manages and coordinates the technical infrastructural services and resources in alignment with the business objectives of Linkage Assurance Plc.
- The Head, IT is responsible for the delivery of digital platforms, planning, forecasting the technical services and resources to support the infrastructural and Information System (IS) needs of Linkage Assurance Plc and works closely in concert with Linkage Assurance Plc Software Engineer/IT Consultant and IT contractors to ensure integration of systems and technology.
- Development and implementation of ICT strategy for Linkage Assurance Plc.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Oversee ICT support (infrastructure development, systems support and maintenance) for Linkage Assurance Plc.
- Migrate manual processes to digital platforms and deploy easy to use solutions.
- Creates a cost-benefit analysis as well as supporting a detailed definition of data requirements and departmental workflows.
- Benchmark Linkage Assurance Plc against up to date ICT practices and adapt accordingly.
- Proactively identify and develop new and innovative ways of improving IT processes within Linkage Assurance Plc.
- Assess and anticipate technological projects and recommend appropriate action and resources.
- Lead, motivate and develop the capability of the ICT team, to achieve agreed annual targets.
Knowledge and Experience
- Vast knowledge of IT Management
- Software Development
- Insurance practice
- Data Management
- B.Sc. Information Technology or Computer Science with relevant professional certifications.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Information Technology 3 of which must be in a leadership role
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience and evidence of success in an information management role with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Formal project management training and experience.
- Experience of presenting to boards and executive teams
- Software Development
- Mobile technology
- Cloud computing
- Collaborating technologies
- IT management
- Customer relationship management
- IT Security
- Enterprise resource planning
General Competencies/Attributes Needed:
- Project management
- Strategic thinker
- Time management
- Excellent communication
- Planning & organizing
- Ability to multitask and exhibit sound practical judgment
- Innovative Thinking
- Discretion, good judgment, adaptable and versatile individual
- Ability to equilibrate priorities and organize work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness.
- Strategy – To create and maintain Information Technology & Management strategy in line
- with stakeholder needs and in keeping up with current best practice.
- Governance – To ensure Information technology and management are in-line with agreed strategy and policy.
- To ensure that policy and strategy is in compliance with industry standards.
- Development -To manage the further development and implementation of current projects, plans for ongoing integration, upkeep and improvement of IT systems.
- The migration of core technologies and tools to the ‘cloud’.
- Implementation – To manage the day to day operations of IT systems, ensuring that
- planning, end-user impact, change management, training, quality management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure that deadlines, budgets and service levels are met and results delivered.
- Service – To organize and implement servicing and support of all Foundation IT systems to agreed service level standards.
- In particular:
- To ensure training is provided on any new information management tools that may be introduced;
- To monitor take up and use by staff and stakeholders;
- To provide remedial support where necessary.
- Staff – To line manage and develop the Information Management team, working with them to plan and prioritize their workloads, set objectives, conduct appraisals and support to continually improve their performance and results.
- Business Continuity – To develop and maintain the major incident & business continuity plan
- for IT and to implement measures designed to safeguard the Information Technology and Management needs of Linkage Assurance Plc in the event of major incidents or disasters.
- To undertake any other activity required for the position of Head, Information Technology.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 16th June, 2017.