Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Collector
- The CWA Cluster Collections team is looking for a passionate finance professional for the role of Collector.
- The Collector will work closely with our colleagues in GSC in line with the MLOS minimum standard meeting requirements – being on top of collection, manage the total outstanding, handle invoicing, statement queries and collection from the customers.
- Collector will ensure to follow up for all the payments to be applied on time and correctly.
- Follow to ensure Freight and detention tariff in AFLS/CXED are updated correctly and free time extensions are done timely.
- Handle disputes from customers in coordination with all GSC team and ensure the issue is resolved.
- Attend the weekly Outstanding meeting to provide a detailed report for all overdue amounts above 30 days and the reason as to why they are still outstanding
- Follow up with payment application team to ensure all payments received from the customer are correctly and timely applied.
- In coordination with GSC OTC team to perform waiver and write off after getting proper approvals.
- Visit the customer premises and follow up for payment for the overdue invoices.
- Ensure all request for AFR tasks closure received from CS team are done timely.
- Ensure Credit Review process is executed as and when required as per global blue print and processes.
- Review Credit Renewal requests and ensure process is followed in line with global Act as the communication interface between FCRM and sales team and ensure that credit process/approvals is aligned with Global Authority Matrix.
- Monitor, and evaluate customer who exceed their credit terms in a timely manner and ensure appropriate follow up is taken by sales/collections teams.
- Monitor daily emails and ensure these are either responded to or forwarded to the correct department/escalation point in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor Credit Levels and support the FCRM with the management, reporting and review of credit levels for all customers and ensure compliance with credit terms and conditions.
- Make weekly reconciliation on the different accounts and the corresponding system balance and clearing aged outstanding items.
- Monitoring AFR task closure and bill relies for export shipments.
- Preparing reports for management on the overall image of the outstanding every week and handling any query.
- Dispatch reconciled statement together with the invoices to the customer
- Maintain communication with GSC collection team by sending queries and updates required on a weekly basis for the customers who have paid and when to expect payment as per the reconciled list from GSC collection team
- On time to time in coordination with GSC collection team send reconciled statement to customers upon request from customer or other stake holders
We are looking for
- A financial educational background as degree in Finance, Accounting or a Chartered Accountant qualification.
- Prior proven experience (at least 3 years) in a similar function or in a consulting firm
- Can influence without authority
- Preferably experienced in working closely with offshore teams in service centres.
- Support the standardization of global collections process and ensure clear communication of relevant processes with cluster stakeholders.
- Engage, where necessary with clusters to deliver reports and decisions regarding credit review, credit evaluation and credit renewal processes.
- Be able to make sound decisions supported by facts and data available through banks, financial reports, and historical behaviours with the group and credit bureau information.
- Gaining insight into finance and accounting processes,
- Experience a career in a multi-national company,
- Chance to learn different aspects within the cluster,
- Great opportunity to improve analytical, communication and customer management skills.
Application Deadline 3rd April, 2018.
Job Title: Customer Experience Partner
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Customer Experience Partner builds strong relationships with Customers to gain an understanding of their business.
- Typically handles a large number of Customers and their clearing agents.
- The level of impact is defined by volumes and/or revenue contribution to the country/cluster scorecard.
- Providing support on defined issues and contributing through application of expertise and knowledge.
- Exerts a behavior where he/she works independently within defined boundaries and guidelines in specific areas.
- Able to present results of own work to team.
- Proactively monitors, manages and ensures a smooth execution of the end to end shipment life cycle by working closely with the Customer and internal teams.
- Engages in constructive problem resolution, finds and provides solutions.
- Addresses root causes and seeks continuous improvements; is constantly looking for ways to improve work process.
- Ensures data integrity in own contribution to legacy systems and applications in the CE organization e.g. Case Management, SFDC, GCSS.
- Ensures own self is knowledgeable and competent in Standard Operating procedures and policies that concerns the CE function and Customers.
- Ensures all products and services are sold to the Customer to maximize profitability.
- Builds strong relationships with all stakeholders including offshore GSC teams.
- Is fully responsible for Customer satisfaction and shows experience with Customer interaction.
- Has a full understanding of Customers’ business drivers, needs and requirements and leverages them to continuously improve cooperation and process o the mutual benefit of the company and the Customers.
- Manages the sales pipeline, segmentation and accurate forecasting.
- Handles incoming Customer service queries, issues and exception management.
We are looking for:
- Preferably 3 years or plus in a related experience.
- Background in Banks, Telecommunication, Shipping/Logistics or Hotels will be a plus
- Languages Proficiency: English and Ibo
- Personal Characteristics (Soft Skills): Empathy, Active listening, Positivity; Patience and selfcontrol; Humor; Persuasive speaking; Ownership; Confidence;
- Competencies and Knowledge: Customer Focus; Time management; Priority setting; Drive for Solutions; Teamwork; Organizational Agility; Creativity; Business Acumen; Action Oriented; Accountability; written communication skills
- An exciting job opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and high diversity. Based in Port Harcourt you will focus on creating valuable relationships with our current and new customers.
- Career development opportunities and trainings.
- High pace work environment, with a high diversity of daily tasks.
- A winning team, which is always looking for improvements
- International experience working for the world´s shipping leader, in a dynamic, global industry.
- A role with direct impact on our customer.
- A role where you are part of an evolved customer service concept, gain thorough knowledge & experience in customer service attitude in Business to Business.
- A workplace with a learning environment – one of the Maersk values is “Our Employees”.
- Personal and professional development.
Application Deadline 12th April, 2018.