MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transmission Planning Engineer
Reporting Line: Head, Transmission Planning
Job Type: Permanent
- Research and investigation of new DWDM, SDH, metro Ethernet and GPON network elements and features
- Provide 3rd level technical support for diagnosing and resolving repeated network equipment issues.
- Ensure all NNI with third party providers and customers are protected
- Provide technical support for the network provisioning, installation and tech sales, sales engineering.
- Provide the planning, implementation, and coordination of DWDM, SDH, Ethernet and OTN network maintenance and restoration activities
- Supervise and provide support to vendor during the POC installation and testing.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and database information for networks resources and circuits.
- Network planning and design including network protection schemes, network synchronization, and bandwidth availability and utilization.
- Circuit design as per customer specifications including circuit protection, transport network selection, and interworking across networks.
- Capacity planning and management of available and utilized bandwidth on the DWDM, SDH, Metro Ethernet GPON and OTN networks.
- Planning, selection, upgrade, and evaluation of the networking equipment used in the DWDM, SONET, and TDM networks.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to evaluate, and articulate the cost trade-offs associated with various network and circuit implementations.
- Knowledge and experience with network synchronization and timing distribution.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Outlook.
- Ability to engage with and communicate with vendors, service providers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ownership and initiatives
- Good troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Good knowledge and experience with DWDM, OTN, Metro Ethernet SDH and GPON technology
- Experience with researching, investigating, evaluating, and qualifying potential new equipment for network deployment.
- Knowledge of fiber optic transmission and transmission systems, and electrical cabling and transmission systems.
- Good organizational and time management skills
Demand on the Job:
- The demand on the job is high with various submarine and terrestrial project such as odyssey, Exxon, Senegal, Babyfisher and camel upgrade.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply