Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, gender, creed or political affiliation. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanic
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Part-time
Accountabilities / Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list)
- Performing autonomously and ensuring, all necessary complex / advanced maintenance and repair of MSF vehicles and mechanical equipment to ensure they are in perfect condition for their use.
This includes the following tasks:
- Performing maintenance according to the instructions in the logbook, ensuring all types of services to all vehicles are done on time (i.e. mini A, medium B, and full C, and special services referred to in the logbook when possible).
- Testing all vehicles after each service is concluded and before it is handed back to its driver.
- Keeping a record of vehicle’s driver remarks and carrying out repairs if needed (vehicles and other mechanical equipment) and filling in service, repair or vehicle logbook. Reporting to the line manager any problem related to MSF vehicles.
- In the case of a breakdown, making a diagnosis, informing the line manager, and after approval carrying out any complex / advanced repairs needed.
- Following up the validity of all documents (annual inspections, insurance or any other required documents).
- Assisting in the briefing or training of drivers regarding vehicle services and maintenance.
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, and avoiding any shortage.
- Responsible for the equipment and tools, including extinguishers, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary, and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping the working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed and preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Ensure vehicle paper and documents are up to date in accordance with local law and authority.
- Participate during budget preparation and provide the needed mechanic items to be included in the international order (IO).
- Carry out pre-trip and after-trip checks whenever there is an interstate movement or Kiss movement.
- To manage a mini mechanic store and provide stock cards to ensure up-to-date recording of the day-to-day use of stock.
- Ensure that all mechanic tools are cleaned and stored in a proper tools box after every use and to ensure that all tools are complete as expected.
- To carry out preventive, period, and corrective Maintenance in all MSF vehicles and generators.
- Ensure the proper follow-up of all MSF vehicles and generator logbook with a proper recording of all activities that has been carried out on the equipment.
- Prepare Monthly reports of all activities that occurred in the previous month and to prepare average monthly consumption (AMC) of the consumed items.
- Education: Diploma in Mechanics or related studies is required.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of demonstrable mechanical experience required. Previous experience with MSF or other NGOs is desired.
- Language: Fluent in reading and writing English. Any local language is desirable.
- Knowledge: Valid driver’s license is required.
- Competencies: Behavioural Flexibility, results and quality orientation, teamwork and cooperation, stress management, service Orientation and commitment to humanitarian objectives and MSF Principles.
According to the MSF salary scale (Level 5) plus 13th-month allowance is equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV, Copies of all certificates and diplomas, Valid driver’s licence, Motivation/Cover letter, work Certificates, any other important document, to: firstname.lastname@example.org “MECHANIC – ABUJA (Part-time)” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 11th August, 2023.