MTN Nigeria is recruiting for a Financial Operations Analyst (Fixed Asset) to be based in their Port harcourt office
The ideal candidate will have a B.Sc./HND in any discipline, but a finance related degree is desirable Part qualification in any recognized professional accounting examinations (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, etc) will be an added advantage.
Normal MTN working conditions. Extended working hours. Deal with a lot of paper work Minimum qualification is 2.2 or its equivalent
Candidate will possess 3 years post NYSC experience in a Finance function; Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and Experience in using an ERP system is desirable.
Financial Operations Analysts (Fixed Assets)
Location: Port Harcourt
- Analyze ageing of all Balance Sheet accounts.
- Analyze transactions posted into IFS to ensure proper classification and correction.
- Analyze general Ledger transactions (Capex, Opex and Revenue).
- Provide all schedules and reports (including age analysis, assets movement, etc).
- Provide supporting documents, records and schedules to meet audit and regulatory requirements.
- Secure company assets.
- Implement finance policies, processes and procedures.
- Comply with established internal controls.
- Comply with MTN PPP’s, IFRS, IAS and GAAP in processing of transactions.
- Deliver all month end deliverables within the monthly reporting timelines.
- Process account payables and receivables.
- Raise and post journal vouchers and other financial transactions in the ERP system.
- Prepare trend analysis of Capex, Opex and Revenue transactions.
- Prepare weekly and monthly performance reports.
- Prepare all General Ledger/Sub- ledger Accounts reconciliation.
- Resolve all reconciling items promptly.
- Educate staff on finance related policies and ensure compliance.
- Maintain departmental filing system.
- Analyze additions for upload into Asset register and depreciation groups.
- Ensure proceeds on disposed assets are adequately remitted and recorded appropriately.
- Provide tax unit with detail analysis of disposed assets for capital gains tax purposes and deferred tax reversal.
- Record disposals and movements in fixed asset register.
- Carry out periodic verification of company’s fixed assets.
- Process cash transactions.
- Analyze divisional cash floats for adequacy.
- Analyze vendor/staff sub-ledgers.
- Ensure efficient reimbursement of the fuel deposit.
- Carry out periodic spot checks of company’s cash floats.
- Compute Withholding Tax deductions on vendors’ payments.
- Analyze withholding tax (\WHT) deductions for remittance.
- Analyze PO’s received but not yet invoiced.
- Ensure accurate receipt of Purchase Orders on IFS by user departments.
- Manage customer/vendor relationships (including response to queries).
- Prompt update of databases.
- Post Inter-company transactions and assist in inter-company relationship management.
- First-line review of departmental accrual submissions.
- Monitor network traffic and highlight exceptions noted.
- Compute quarterly NCC levy.
- Compute doubtful debt provision.
- Prepare revenue forecast promptly.
Apply directly on MTN website