MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Analyst, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Assist with the development of products services, strategic technology, market and financial plans and gather and analyze data for strategic, operational and tactical decision making.
- Participate in the development and review of user requirements and/or functional specifications that relate to systems implementation and appropriate use.
- Participate in designing and implementation of BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses.
- Participate in the selection, blueprinting, requirements gathering, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end users and continually strive for a unified single version of truth across all business intelligence data used for business decision.
- Provide prompt resolution of BI systems issues related to integration of peripheral systems and ensure high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing.
- Ensure availability and integrity of customer data
- Liaise with Information Systems ( IS) and other departments to ensure that Marketing and MTNN requirements are met by the Enterprise Data Warehouse(EDW)
- To support the business in understanding and utilizing business intelligence information in order to make informed decisions
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Ensure that Marketing & Strategy and MTNN business requirements for data and analytics are adhered to.
- Ensure availability and integrity of customer data (usage, behavior, ARPU, etc. by geography and product) and solve intelligence and information problems and provide insight from incomplete information.
- Provide and articulate understanding of secondary data sources and knowledge of interoperability of data sources.
- Provide business hands-on training and first level application support on business intelligence applications
- Ensure the integrity of enterprise data information by ensuring correct business rules are adhered to, product configurations are in line with the existing data structures to support business intelligence practice.
- Serve as data steward for all business intelligence data – availability and ease of use.
- Demonstrate broad understanding of best practices for data and analytics, business intelligence and technologies to support business intelligence practice
- Understand the telecoms data architecture landscape to derive value on data assets and support business decisions.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Experience & Training
- First degree in any related discipline
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Work experience in a research or business analysis will be an added advantage
- Understanding of data warehousing, data mining and trend analysis
- Ability to use tools such as Oracle SQL, SAS, OBIEE
- Oracle certified associate or professional
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th October, 2017.