Posted on :
6 Oct, 2010
6 Oct, 2010
MTN Nigeria Foundation Limited by Guarantee (MTNF Ltd/ Gte) was established, by MTN Nigeria Communications Limited
, in July 2004 to drive MTN Nigeria’s Corporate Social Investment (CSI) initiatives aimed at improving the quality of life in communities across the country.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND LOCATION
The MTN Nigeria Foundation provides financial support to 500 eligible Science & Technology students in accredited educational public universities, polytechnics and colleges of education across the six geo-political zones in Nigeria annually. This scholarship award covers tuition, book allowance and stipend (pocket allowance). The scholarship award is worth N200,000.00 (Two hundred Thousand Naira only) per student for the duration of an academic year and is paid at the beginning of each academic session.
The scholarships may be renewed provided recipients maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit). Application for the 201 0/2011 session is now open and successful applicants will receive their awards at the beginning of 2010/2011 academic year.
The MTN Foundation seeks to attract high caliber full time students into the science and technology sector. The scholarship is intended to provide assistance to those students who might otherwise be unable to fulfill their educational financial obligations and to reward and recognize superior academic performance.
Scholarships will be made available to qualified and successful candidates from all states of the Federation including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
METHOD OF APPLICATION If you are qualified and Interested, please visit our website at: http://www.mtnonline.com/mtnfscholarship Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, October 15th 2010. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test and will be required to come with the original and photocopy of the following:
• 2 passport photographs
• Valid student Identity card
• Original copy of admission letter from JAMB and Institution
• Original copy of letter of recommendation, duly signed and stamped from Faculty Head/Director of School/Dean of School
• Interested eligible students are required to apply online: (mtnonline.com/mtnfscholarship)
• Application closes on Friday, October 15th 2010
• Incomplete applications will be disregarded and cancelled
• Upon receipt of applications from interested students, MTNF shall evaluate and shortlist qualifying students who will be subsequently invited for an assessment test.
• Names of successful candidates will be published in national dailies and on the website.
• Scholarships will be awarded on a yet to be announced date to successful candidates. Students are however advised to visit the website for more information.
APPLICANTS WHO ARE ALREADY BENEFICIARIES OF A SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. MTNF SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR FINAL SELECTION OF SUCCESSFUL AWARDEES
For more information please Visit our website at www.mtnonline.com/mtnfscholarship
Applications from students of the following list of approved disciplines will be considered:
2. Agricultural Science
4. Communication Technology
5. Computer and Electronics
6. Computer and Information Science
7. Computer and Mathematics
8. Computer Engineering
9. Computer Science
10. Electrical Engineering
12. Electronics and Computer Technology
13. Electronics Engineering
14. Engineering Physics
15. Industrial Mathematics
16. Industrial Physics
17. Information Technology
19. Mechanical Engineering
20. Physics Electronics
21. Physics/ Computational Modeling
22. Pure/ Applied Physics
23. Statistics and Computer Science
• Candidates must be full time undergraduates in 200 level/2nd year in public universities, colleges of education as well as polytechnics in Nigeria.
• Applicants from universities and colleges of education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1), while applicants from polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) and currently undergoing industrial training at the time of applying.