Nigeria Machine Tools (NMT) was founded in 1980 to manufacture and distribute high integrity machine tools and other engineering products and spares designed to serve the project, operation and maintenance needs of a range of industries. As Nigeria’s first internationally certified producer of Oil industry standard Stud Bolts, Nuts and Flanges, NMT also produces customized castings for various industries including: construction, cement, oil and gas, manufacturing as well as for the transport industry. Included in our offerings is machining services which is ISO 9001 certified. Our surface treatment facility which comprises PTFE and powder coating as well as Hot Dip Galvanizing plants ensure products are finished to customer specifications. Being the leading machine tools company in West Africa, NMT is a leader in the assembly, production and maintenance of a range of machine tools including Semi-Automatic and Conventional Lathes, Milling, Drilling and Grinding Machines. We also assemble and maintain tractors in addition to producing the tractor agricultural implements as well as high performance Agro processing equipment. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Cost Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Project Cost Engineer responsible for writing business proposals/tender preparation activities; preparation of quotations, tenders, and other business proposals.
- Provide post-order management execution support to the business development team, with associated cross-departmental liaisons with the Production and Procurement teams
- Coordinate all foreign procurements, working with the Procurement department to ensure efficiency and effectiveness is entrenched in the process
- Provide Project management Support for all company projects driven by the department, including business prospecting and post-award execution activities
- Execution of job responsibilities at all times working in a professional and practical manner to ensure that results and change are delivered in a sustainable way.
- Provide technical and project management support to the department in its prospecting activities within the Oil & Gas Industry, with a view to discovering and converting available opportunities to viable business transactions for the company.
- Analyze project data and develop detailed cost estimates
- Collaborate with project managers, stakeholders, and other team members to understand project objectives and constraints.
- Create and maintain cost databases and templates.
- Prepare reports and presentations on project costs and cost management strategies.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures related to cost control.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and provide guidance on cost management best practices.
- Develop project budgets and track project costs.
- B.Sc / HND Mechanical Engineering/Metallurgical Engineering. Project management skill is a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with project managers, stakeholders, and other team members
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- 3+ years of experience in project cost engineering or a related field
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, tools, and techniques
- Experience with cost-estimating software and tools
Application Deadline: 28th July, 2023.
Note: You are required to attach your CV