The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Ref. no: 3644633475
Reports to: Finance Officer
Commencement: January 2018
Duration: 12 months
- NRC is looking for a Finance Assistant for our area office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Finance Assistant is to support programme activities in Maiduguri and in the field offices
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja.
- Ensure that all support documents are complete and accurate before the financial transaction is processed.
- Daily processing of all bank transactions and ensure that vendors are paid timely
- Ensure that all documents are stamped PAID before filing and archiving
- Process and track all cash advances and ensure that clearance of advance is done on time.
- Take day to day responsibility of managing petty cash and cash box.
- Experience from working as a Finance Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good in oral and written English
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good knowledge of the North – Eastern Nigeria context
- Minimum of University degree in related field
- Handling insecure environment
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Application Procedures and CV Registration
Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
Application Deadline 19th December, 2017.