Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP). We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Reporting Accountant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Functional Area: EHSQ
- The Financial Reporting Accountant provides technical and administrative support to the Financial Reporting Lead in executing Oando Energy Resources Inc (OER) financial reporting strategies and obligations that aim to ensure the continued efficiency, profitability and growth of the Company and its subsidiaries.
- The role is responsible for supervision of transaction being recorded and processed with a view to ensuring consistence and accurate reports that reflect a true and fair view of the Company’s financial position at all times. Responsibilities also covers financial analysis of assigned entities which will support working capital and liquidity management by senior team members in Finance. The incumbent will also be responsible for provision of detailed financial information at each reporting period to the Head of Financial Reporting.
- Supervisory Responsibility (Number of Direct / Indirect Reports / External Contacts
- Team members from the external auditors.
- Other members of various Finance work streams
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Prepare statutory accounts of subsidiaries.
- Ensure transactions of corporate and others are posted accurately and timely.
- Prepare financial analysis for entities within and outside Nigeria.
- Complete IFRS disclosure checklists.
- Ability to find solutions to unconventional situations and results oriented.
- Perform detailed analytical reviews to be used for internal and external reporting to key stakeholders.
- Ensure strict adherence to set policies and procedures for internal controls over financial reporting.
Major Responsibility Area:
- Assist the financial reporting lead with managing audit requirements with external auditors for the consolidated entities.
- Ensure transactions are recorded in line with IFRS
- Perform key reconciliations on non-JV related financial statement line items of high risk.
- Support the Financial Reporting team in preparation of relevant financial reports to monitor performance and support decision making.
- Provide support and assistance on Tax audits.
- Support JV accounting team on treatment of complex transactions
- BSc Degree in Accounting or relevant degree.
- Membership of a recognized Accounting Professional Body(ACA / ACCA / CPA).
- Working experience in a big 4 audit and accounting firm will be of added advantage.
- Good knowledge of IFRS.
- 5-7 years working experience. Oil and gas experience will be an advantage.
- Strong and effective Interpersonal Skills.
- Understanding of Current and Deferred Taxes.
- Computer Skills –Microsoft Office (Excel, Word etc) and Oracle EBS
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and provide direction and coaching to the team.
- Good understanding of IFRS.
- Competent in preparing statutory financial statements
- Oil and Gas Accounting.
- Working Knowledge of Oil and Gas Industry in Nigerian and understanding PSC and Joint Venture arrangements as well as their key accounting related issues.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Completion of Statutory accounts for assigned subsidiaries.
- Timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual close process.
- Compliance with IFRSs
Interested and qualified candidates should: