Owens & Xley Consults – Our client is an educational institution, a vibrant co-educational school that runs a blend of the Nigerian and British National Curriculum. They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secondary School Teacher
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The class teacher creates and delivers engaging lessons to students at the secondary level, promotes enthusiasm for learning and for subjects, adheres to the school’s teaching curriculum standards, collects and reports correct and detailed records of student performance and maintains classroom order.
- The ideal candidate should be a competent professional with in-depth knowledge of best teaching practices and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. S/he must also demonstrate outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The vacancies are in the following departments: Languages, Sciences, Humanities and Vocational.
- Prepare and deliver lesson plans which meet established school and national curriculum models (this includes the Nigerian and British teaching Curriculum)
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils’ progress and development
- Manage the diverse ability levels of students
- Research new topic areas, maintain up-to-date subject knowledge and devise and write new curriculum materials
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards
- Prepare pupils for qualifications and external examinations
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
- Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils’ progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents’ evenings and whole-school training events
- Liaise with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers
- Supervise and support the work of teaching assistants, trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers
- Organize and participate in extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events
- The ideal candidate should hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education with 3-5 years experience in implementing the British National Curriculum
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Class Management Skills
- Curriculum Building, Lesson Planning and Extensive Knowledge of Relevant Teaching Subject Area
- Adaptable Teaching Practices
- Creative Problem-Solving Skills
- Patience, Empathy and Developed Organizational Skills
- Prioritization, Deadline Adherence and Relationship Building skills.
- NGN 180,000 – 250,000 Gross Monthly.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resumes to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 15th December, 2021.