Peen Nigeria Limited is licensed to provide Stevedoring services in Nigeria, and we are presently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel House Keeper
- Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing
- Ensure all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards
- Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies
- Notify superiors on any damages, deficits and disturbances
- Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices
- Proven experience as a cleaner or housekeeper
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Knowledge of English language
- High school degree
- Applicant should reside around Yaba, Surulere, Bariga, Shomolu, Palmgroove/Onipanu, Ikeja, Ojota, Ketu and Magodo Axis.
Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
- To be able to move about the kitchen easily and quickly.
- To possess sufficient language skills to understand the tasks at hand.
- To be able to lift/unload/move food and supplies; lift dishes to storage location
- Use kitchen equipment safely; operate electrical and mechanical equipment
- Maintain appropriate inventory of food and supplies
- Operate dishwasher while maintaining appropriate temperature
- Determine cleanliness of dishes, food-contact surfaces, and kitchen areas
- Assess condition of food
- Table setting in a.m. and bringing dishes to the dinning room for lunch and dinner for campers to set.
- To assist with the serving of food.
- To assist with consolidation and proper storage of food after meals.
- To clean up after meals and ongoing cleaning to maintain the highest levels of sanitation in the kitchen.
- Dishwashing (we usually assign two kitchen workers to dishes and one to pots and pans)
- Food prep to assist the cook and baker.
- Salad Bar preparation
- Beverage preparation i.e. bug juice, fruit juices and coffee.
- Assist with grilling, meat slicing.
- Sweeping and mopping at the end of the day.
- Minimum of SSCE/OND.
- Applicants should reside around Yaba, Shomolu, Surulere, Onipanu/Palmgroove, Magodo, Ojota, Ketu, Shagisha and Ikeja Axis.
Job Title: Chef
- We are looking for a skilled Chef to prepare delicious meals according to menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
- An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
- The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
Requirements and Qualification
- Proven experience as cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
- Applicant should reside around Yaba, Shomolu, Bariga, Ebute Meta, Mushin, Surulere, Onipanu/Palmgroove, Ikeja, Magodo, Ojota, Ketu, Ojodu Axis.
Job Title: Food and Beverage Supervisor
- A food and beverage supervisor is responsible for all the various business operations of the place where he/she is employed such as restaurant, hotel, resort or dining etc.
- A food and beverage supervisor is to oversee duties related to staff management, staff training etc. He/she must also help in recruiting new staff and overseeing the entire recruiting process etc.
- A food and beverage supervisor is also responsible for attending to customer complaints and tries to resolve them in the most balanced way.
- It is the job responsibility of a food and beverage supervisor to oversee food preparations and food storage etc.
- Food and beverage supervisors are also responsible for that the facility is working in compliance with all the safety regulations and codes etc.
- The major responsibility of a food and beverage supervisor is to make sure that the entire staff is disciplined. He/she should also delegate duties within the staff and make sure each one is following their roles and responsibilities.
- He/she is also responsible for maintaining the employee records and administer the various employee benefits and payroll.
- A food and beverage supervisor is also responsible for maintaining important documents, ordering inventory, managing assets etc.
- Minimum of OND in a related discipline.
- Applicant should reside around Magodo, Ketu, Ikeja, Ojota Axis.
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
- A front desk clerk is an administrative professional. He literally sits at the front desk of a commercial or residential building, serving as gatekeeper.
- He may announce visitors, answer the telephone and record the names of all who enter. He typically also has the authority to deny entry to visitors.
- The Front Desk Officer works as part of the Administration and Facilities unit, monitoring and managing the flow of visitors and clients in an office. He is responsible for time-keeping and recording all human transactions for external persons who wish to take up business with the company.
- The Front Desk Officer is responsible for catering client-specific services when it comes meet-greets. They provide specific adjustments to how guests are received, in relation to expected and walk in persons of interest.
- As a Front Desk Officer you are in charge of reviewing the interest and purpose of guests who wish to gain entry within the office unit and must communicate with supervisors for reporting suspicious activity and denial of entry.
- Skills that Front Desk should posses
- The Front Desk Officer must be skilled with the use of professional communications etiquette over the phone and in person, having to interact with guests, clients and employees.
- The Front Desk Officer maintains a safe and hazard free work environment by ensuring that guests and employees follow safety inspection rules when it comes to paraphernalia and materials brought into the workplace.
- The Front Desk Officer should have great interpersonal skills, and the skill to communicate in a professional and pleasant demeanor.
Work Related Expectations
- A successful candidate should be skilled in the latest technology usage for telephony and computing. Knowledge on the use of a Headseat and wired communications protocol is a must.
- The Front Desk Officer must have outstanding communication skills, as they will be interacting with all forms of persons who enter the office premises.
- They should be able to adjust their communication style depending on who they interact with and client specific demand.
- Minimum of OND
- Applicant should reside around Yaba, Bariga, Shomolu, Sabo, Ikeja, Ojota, Ketu, Magodo Axis
Job Title: Cleaner
Employment type: Permanent contract
- We are looking for a Cleaner to take care of our facilities and carry out cleaning and maintenance duties.
- The goal is to keep our building in a clean and orderly condition.
- Clean, stock and supply designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
Job Title: Laundry Officer (Ironer & Washer)
Employment type: Permanent contract
- Receive items from customers and mark them with codes or names
- Inspect articles for stains and fabrics that require special care
- Sort articles to be cleaned by fabric type, color, and cleaning technique
- Load clothing into laundry and dry-cleaning machines
- Add detergent, bleach, and other chemicals to laundry and dry-cleaning machines
- Remove, sort, and hang clothing and other articles after they are removed from the machines
- Clean and maintain laundry and dry-cleaning machines
- Iron clothes with the required temperature for different clothing materials
- Making sure all clothes are packaged properly with tag numbers and are all in good conditions.
- Candidate must have minimum of SSCE or Vocational training in similar field
- Candidate must not be less than 18 years of age
- Candidate must be able to multi task
- Candidated must be proactive and efficient.
Job Title: Bartender
- Preparing beverages for patrons and serving them at the bar or through the wait staff. Maintaining a clean and organised work environment.
- Mixing beverages using an extensive range of ingredients including liquor, bitters, soda, water, sugar, and fruits
- Taking beverage orders from customers or wait staff and serving drinks as requested, paying extreme attention to detail
- Satisfying patron requests in a timely manner
- Assessing customer preferences and making drink recommendations
- Collecting money for drinks served and providing change as needed
- Balancing cash receipts
- Keeping a well-stocked bar with an adequate supply of liquor, beer, wine, mixers, ice, napkins, straws, glassware, and other accessories
- Cleaning the bar, tables, chairs, and work area to maintain a sanitary environment
- Organising the bar area to streamline drink preparation and inventory
- Placing orders for liquor, beer, wine, and other supplies
- Slicing, pitting, and preparing fruit garnishes for drinks
- Planning bar menus
- Creating unique drinks
- Preparing and serving appetisers, snacks, or other food items for customers at the bar
- Complying with all food and beverage regulations.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Applicants should have a minimum of an S.S.C.E
- Applicants should be resident in Lagos around Magodo, Ojota, Shangisha and Ketu,yaba, shomolu, bariga, onipanu/palmgroove area
- Must be able to resume work immediately.
Requirements and Skills:
- Training or Experience with Bartending
- Extensive Knowledge of Drink Mixing and Garnishing
- Strong Communication Skills, Positive Attitude, Personable demeanour
- Multitasking, Attention to Detail, Organisation
- Ability to Stand for Long Periods, Strong Observational Skills, Conflict Resolution, Computer Literacy
- Second Language a Plus.
Job Title: Factory Worker
- Measuring, grading and feeding batches of raw materials into production machinery
- Operating production line equipment, like a conveyor line in a canning factory
- Assembling goods on a production line, like fitting circuit boards into computers
- Reporting equipment faults to maintenance staff
- Finishing products, for example applying protective coatings
- Monitoring the production process and carrying out basic testing and quality checks
- Storing goods and raw materials in the factory or warehouse
- Using lifting equipment and forklift trucks
- Packing goods ready for shipment
- Cleaning and maintaining work areas and machinery
- You’ll usually work as part of a team under the supervision of a shift leader, carrying out several tasks within the same shift.
Skills Required and Qualifications
- Good practical skills
- The ability to work quickly and methodically
- The ability to concentrate while doing repetitive tasks
- The ability to follow instructions
- Minimum of SSCE/GCE
- Applicants should reside around Ojodu berger, Mowe/Ibafo, Ikorodu, Ikeja, Ojota, Ketu Axis
Job Title: Dispatch Rider
Dispatcher Job Responsibilities
- Delivers items to customers by verifying orders; inventorying stock; arranging transportation.
Dispatcher Job Duties
- Organizes item orders by editing for price, promotions, weight compliance.
- Arranges shipments by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating delivery requirements; placing and expediting orders.
- Ships items by examining items, destination, route, rate, delivery time; ordering carriers.
- Verifies items shipped by matching bills of lading; reconciling quantities; noting discrepancies.
- Keeps customers informed by forwarding notice of item availability, shipment date and method, and current status; answering questions.
- Replaces damaged items, shortages, and misshipments by determining optimal response of replacement or credit.
- Protects organization reputation by keeping pricing, promotion, purchase order, and credit-limit information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Dispatcher Skills and Qualifications
- Documentation Skills, Data Entry Skills, Telephone Skills, Informing Others, Listening, Verbal Communication, Energy Level, Multi-tasking, Dependability, Emotional Control, Reporting Skills
- Minimum of SSCE
- 3 years Experience
- Applicant should reside around Yaba, Ebute Meta, Bariga, surulere, mushin, and Shomolu area.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected]
Note: Applicant should reside around Ebute- Metta, yaba, bariga, shomolu axis Lagos.