Petrogap Oil and Gas Limited is an Oil and Gas servicing company that provides services to major players in the Oil and Gas industry. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Employment Type: Full-time
- Maintain stewardship for financial assets and debt, including being in charge of cash management, debt
- management and investment management functions of the organization and its affiliated entities.
- Develop and implement daily, monthly, and quarterly cash forecasting models.
- Present financial forecasts based on actual spending and the organization’s financial position.
- Monitor the financial investments and record capital growth
- Advise on the organization’s reserves and investment policy
- Research and recommend financing alternatives, analyze options and provide recommendations to
- the Management.
- Structuring debt arrangements with lenders, Managing corporate investments, and Monitoring cash flow.
- Maintain corporate liquidity and financial stability.
- Liaise with Tax Authorities, Auditors, and other Regulatory bodies as regards the preparation and filing of the
- Audited Financials and other Tax related matters.
- Ensuring prompt remittance and various statutory deductions i.e. VAT, PAYE, CIT, Pension Fund, etc.
- Financial Accounting
- Preparing Financial statements in line with the IFRS standards.
- Prepare the monthly Management accounts
- Responsible for Asset and Liability Management, including a monthly report of the Asset Register.
- Preparing and Maintaining balance sheet schedules, ledgers, profit and loss statements, monthly and yearly
- financial statements, and other reports
- Carrying out monthly bank account closing and analysis.
- Carry out bank reconciliation analysis and account audit
- Liaise with Bank on Transaction rates and Foreign Translation rates.
- Payroll administration and preparation of monthly sales reports for analysis.
- Developing and consolidating the departmental and organization’s budget.
- Periodic audit of departmental processes.
- Monitoring compliance in line with accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing financial internal controls, policies, and procedures.
Requirements and Skills
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields.
- Candidates should have 2 years+ management experience
- Knowledge of financial principles
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Suites Good negotiation skills, Innovative, Leadership, Planning, Interpersonal skills, and Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of capital markets, accounting, and business finance
- Strong experience/knowledge in Financial Reporting, Treasury, and IFRS is required.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills.
- Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude.
- Detailed knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Statutory regulations (IFRS).
- Understanding of taxation commercial law.
- Broad understanding of global & regional economics.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 26th August, 2023.