Polaris Bank was established by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on September 21, 2018 to offer commercial banking services to the Nigerian public. The bank commenced services on the same day, having purchased the assets and assumed certain liabilities of the defunct Skye Bank.With a footprint of over 350 branches across the country, Polaris Bank prides itself in delivering exceptional customer experience, leveraging best in class/state of the art Information Communication Technology (ICT). By focusing on ICT solutions across multiple service delivery channels (mobile banking, ATMs, POS and online platforms) Polaris Bank maintains a pivotal role in the Nigerian banking industry, providing customers with simple, convenient and secured banking services. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Banking Officer
Who are we looking for?
- We are currently sourcing for candidates to be recruited as Relationship Managers.
- They will be engaged in the sales of financial services and products to customers, fostering and maintaining a healthy relationship between the Bank and its existing and prospective customers.
- Engaging and organizing Marketing campaigns, marketing events, and promotional activities, maximize profits through the development of sales strategies that match consumer requirements as well as promote services, products and ideas. Contributing in the implementation of marketing strategies.
- Liability and Income Generation
- Analysis and Credit Presentation
- Manage a portfolio of corporate clients, building and maintaining strong relationships to drive revenue growth and meet targets
- Understanding and Selling of Bank’s Products and Services
- Negotiate and structure complex financing deals, including syndicated loans, mergers and acquisitions, debt capital market transactions, and other corporate finance activities.
- Evaluate credit worthiness of customers by processing loan applications and documentation
- Monitor active loans and enforce collection and recoveries.
- Ensure the achievement of all budget parameters.
- Develop referral networks and cross-sell products and services.
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction through excellent customer engagement and service delivery.
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and referrals.
- Ensure resolution of complaints to maximize satisfaction and boost customer service experience.
- Achieve a healthy portfolio and deposit mix.
- Execute marketing strategy and develop marketing campaigns.
- Ensures compliance with all internal policies and regulatory guidelines.
Preferred skills and experience / Requirements
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc / BA Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in marketing role in a financial institution (preferably from a Commercial Bank).
- Exemplary organizational and multitasking skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and commercial awareness.
- Strategic vision and sharp business acumen.
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach.
- Knowledge of corporate banking products and services, including trade finance, cash management, working capital solutions, and treasury services.
- Candidates should have strong and effective communication and networking skills.
- Strong writing and presentation skills will be essential.
- Solid understanding of marketing techniques and principles as well as market research and statistical data analysis methods.
- Knowledge of MS Office and marketing software (e.g. CRM, Dynamics, Excel).
- In-depth knowledge of social media and web analytics.