Posted on :
6 Oct, 2011
6 Oct, 2011
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a parastatal of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by Decree 25 of 1973 dedicated for the purpose of development, promotion and implementation of petroleum technology and manpower development through research and training of Nigerians as graduates, professionals, technicians and craftsmen in the fields of engineering, geology, geosciences, management, economics and relevant fields in the petroleum and solid minerals industry in Nigeria or abroad.
Our mission is to train Nigerians to qualify as graduates, professionals, technicians and craftsmen in the field of engineering, geology, science and management in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria or abroad. We have a vision to serve not only as a vessel for the development of indigenous manpower and technology transfer/acquisition in the petroleum industry but also to make Nigeria a human resource centre for the West African sub-region.
To ensure a steadfast implementation of this mandate, PTDF is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the MSc and PhD as well as Undergraduate Scholarships, under the 2012/2013 PTDF Scholarship Scheme. Scholarships will be awarded for studies in areas listed below, in the United Kingdom, France and upgraded Universities in Nigeria for the 2012/2013 session. However, the Undergraduate level will be awarded for studies in Nigeria only.
Application Forms can be accessed online using an ATM card or through purchase of a scratch card from designated major branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). Instructions on how to access the form online is clearly stated on the backside of the cards.
PTDF however wishes to inform applicants that the Overseas Scholarship Scheme was instituted as a short term measure to address identified skills gaps, pending the outcome of the various capacity building efforts being made to enable our domestic universities effectively handle the onerous task of grooming qualitative professionals in the oil and gas related disciplines. With the numerous upgrade programmes executed by the Fund in some Federal Universities in Nigeria, emphasis has shifted to training Nigerians in-country. Consequently, only a limited number of candidates will be sponsored overseas and the rest in Nigerian Universities listed below.
LIST OF NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES:
– African University of Science and Technology – Petroleum Engineering
– Institute of Petroleum Studies, Port Harcourt
– University of Port Harcourt- Gas Eng
– University of Ibadan- Petroleum Eng
– University of Nigeria Nsukka- Geology
– University of Benin- Chemical Engineering
– University of Jos- Mining & Geology
– University of Maiduguri – Geology
– Ahmadu Bello University – Chemical Eng
– Usman Dan Fodio University – Industrial Chemistry
– University of Uyo – Chemical & Petroleum Eng
– Bayero University Kano – Electrical Eng
This year, a new programme called “THE SPLIT PHD PROGRAMME” is being introduced for sponsorship in the 2012/13 Academic Year.
Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements below shall be shortlisted and invited for Electronic Aptitude Test, in the case of Undergraduate and Master’s, while oral interview will be conducted for PhD (full or split) on dates to be announced later. Following the aptitude tests and interview, the best qualified candidates will be selected and awarded PTDF Scholarships.
PLEASE NOTE THAT UNDERGRADUATE APPLICANTS MUST BE IN THEIR 2ND YEAR IN ANY OF THE LISTED NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES, WHILE THE POSSESSION OF A VALID UNIVERSITY ADMISSION LETTER IS COMPULSORY FOR ALL PHD APPLICANTS.
Applicants without credit in English language as in (4) above but possess any of the following may apply
DOCUMENTS TO SCAN AND ATTACH TO THE APPLICATION FORM
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
LIST OF APPROVED COURSES FOR SPONSORSHIP
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK and France that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship.
1. Asset Management (Engineering Asset Management)
2. Basin Evolution and Dynamics
3. Diving and Underwater Technology
4. Energy Systems Engineering
5. Environmental Engineering
6. Environmental Remote Sensing
7. Fire & Explosion Engineering
8. Health Safety and Environment
9. Marine Computational Fluid Dynamics
10. Maritime Operations
11. Occupational Health and Safety
12. Offshore and Ocean Technology
13. Offshore Engineering
14. Pipeline Engineering
15. Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
16. Refinery Design and Operations
17. Subsea Engineering
18. Thermal Power (Gas Turbine Option)
19. Welding Engineering
20. Design of Rotating Machines
21. Control Systems
22. Hydraulic Engineering (France)
23. Fluid Mechanics and Energetics (France)
B. PhD PRIORITY RESEARCH AREAS
The PhD research areas in addition to the afore-listed MSc program areas may also include any of the following related areas:
PLEASE NOTE THAT: