Monsanto has more than 20,000 dedicated employees focused on developing solutions to help farmers have better harvests while using resources more efficiently.
Monsanto works to help farmers grow crops in a more sustainable way. We think holistically about how food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests – so a balanced plate of meats, grains, fruits and vegetables within reach of every family.
Opportunities at Monsanto range from sales and marketing jobs to research and agronomy jobs. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Job Title: Finance Controller
Based in Abuja Nigeria, the role will oversee all accounting, reporting and compliance activities with support from regional, global and SSC teams. The responsibilities include working as a single point of contact (SPOC) for all local and West Africa finance activities as well as providing sound leadership as part of the Nigeria Leadership Team.
- Ensure Compliance to Corporate Controllership Policies (CCP’s) and FCPA (vendor approvals)
- Preparation and submission of quarterly controllership and tax certification
- Preparation of monthly tax provisions; US and statutory tax reporting
- Providing support to business and finance projects
- Cost center; Balance sheet and Tax reviews
- Provide support to costing team on stock counts and controls.
- Manage local entity SLA’s with SSC
- Drive local annual budget process
- Drive annual fixed assets verifications
- Business partnering and site visits for training, expense reporting, CCP’s
- Review of quarterly tax submissions / tax forecasts to USA/annual SEC and GDX packs
- Preparation of annual and provisional income tax returns
- Internal audits, USGAAP/external audits and statutory returns
- Prepare annual financial statements and drive IFRS conversions when necessary
- Approval of all balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of legal entity cashflow forecasts and cash management (incl A/R management)
- Month end closing activities – TB review (P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Calculation and payment of provisional taxes in liaison with tax coordinator
- Approval of electronic vendor payments (account signatory)
- Maintain relationships with 3rd parties i.e. vendors, bank, tax authorities, auditors etc.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field
- Professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/Chartered Accountant)
- 8 – 10 years experience within finance; of which 2 years at managerial level .
- Good working knowledge of local statutory compliance requirements
- Thorough understanding ofUSGAAP and IFRS concepts
- Excellent analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply below