Redeemer’s University is a faith-based institution of higher learning, established by the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) and licensed by the Federal Government in January, 2005. It commenced academic activities in October, 2005. The vision of Redeemer’s University is to be the foremost academic institution setting standards through continuous commitment to excellence geared towards making a transformative impact on society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar shall be the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible in accordance with the University Law.
- The person holding the office of Registrar shall by virtue of that office be a Principal Officer, Secretary to Council, the Senate, congregation and Convocation.
- He/she must be versed in University administration with ability to provide strategic template and a team player.
- The candidate shall subscribe to and be a believer in the vision, mission and core values of the University and will work for the realization of its objectives.
- He/she shall possess such cardinal virtues including (but not limited to) intellectual competence, exemplary God fearing life pattern and comportment worthy of emulation by staff and students.
- Candidates must possess a good honours degree (minimum of Second Class Lower) from any University recognized by the University Senate with at least 15 years cognate experience.
- In addition, applicants must possess a higher degree and must be lT savvy.
- Membership of relevant and recognised professional bodies is mandatory.
- Applicants must be at least a Deputy Registrar in a tertiary institution and should not be older than 55 years at the time of appointment.
Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to be a person with:
- Outstanding leadership qualities who can inspire and motivate subordinates to achieve corporate goals.
- God-fearing, high integrity and moral standard. Someone who appreciates and acts on merit.
- A clear vision for the development of the University as well as readiness to implement the vision of the University.
- Excellent inter-personal relations.
- Focus and innovative, with a track record of leading change.
- Excellent physical and mental health.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The appointment shall be for a single term of five years. Redeemer’s University offers an enhanced remuneration package applicable to the posts of Registrar in Nigerian Federal Universities.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send the following:
- Twenty (20) copies of their Applications, accompanied by 20 copies of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees.
- Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward, direct to “the Chairman, Governing Council” in care of the address indicated below, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, administrative and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked Post of Registrar: Referee’s Report at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Each application must be accompanied by 20 copies of statement of the candidate’s vision for the development of the Registry of a world class University.
All applications and supporting documents marked “Application for the Post of Registrar” at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:The Vlce Chancellor, Redeemer’s University, P.M.B. 230, Ede, Osun State. In addition to the submission of hard copies, applications should also be completed online at: www.recruitment.run.edu.ng Soft copies of the applications and accompanying materials should also be mailed as attachment in PDF or MS Word format to: [email protected] The subject line should read “Application for the Post of Registrar ”. Referees should be similarly encouraged to submit signed electronic copies of their references in PDF format to the same web address.Note: Only those who are shortlisted will be contacted further.