Seven Up Bottling Company is one of the largest manufacturing companies in Nigeria, producing and distributing some of the nation’s most-loved beverages in the country like; Pepsi, 7Up, Mirinda, Teem, Mountain Dew, H2oH!, Lipton Ice Tea, and Aquafina premium drinking water. SBC has recently entered into the Home and Personal Care category with the 2SURE brand and launched its first product, a Hand & Surface Sanitizer. Seven Up boasts of nine bottling plants with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities strategically located across various regions in the country. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical / Automation Engineer
Locations: Abuja (FCT) and Kano
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure writing and maintaining program backups and software for all equipment in the plant.
- Conducts calibration of all electronic instruments such as transducers and maintains all electronic equipment in the company such as electronic bottle inspectors, fill height detectors, COBRIX, and PLCs.
- Lead regular inspections for automation and electrical components of the PET line and ensure line maintenance is carried out by the team as per the maintenance plan.
- Develops a list of critical electronic spare parts that will be available to prevent stoppages of the production lines/utility. Plans for timely requisition and acquisition of the needed spare parts, with diligence to keep parts inventory levels to the minimum.
- Effectively communicate to management any critical actions needed to restore the condition of the equipment to 100% reliability.
- Develops and ensures compliance to the maintenance program for all instrumentation and electronics.
- Plan and ensure seamless executions of annual maintenance and cleaning of all electronic components.
- Builds and reinforces relationships with Production, Quality Assurance, Production Planning, and relevant government regulatory agencies.
- A minimum of Bachelor of Engineering Degree (B.Eng.) or HND in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years relevant hands-on FMCG operation and maintenance experience.
- At least 3 years experience in a beverage bottling company in a managerial capacity.
- Proven competencies with budgeting procedures and management of costs.
- Good understanding and experience of current WC manufacturing methodologies.
- Good understanding of HQSE modalities and codes.
- Good understanding of GMP and GHK (5S) standards
- Good oral communication, influencing and relationship skills.
- Experienced in budgeting and people management
- Knowledge of bottling operations: Planning, Manufacturing, Quality, Environment, Engineering, Health and Safety
- Operational planning expertise/experience
- Must Possess CMRP Certification or similar
- Engineering certification will be an added advantage.
- Experience in plant manufacturing operations, project planning & implementation.
- Previous new equipment or line installation or extension could be an advantage.
- Understanding of business case/cost benefits analysis preparation and basic financial analysis tools.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 15th September, 2023.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.