Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care.
We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Ref No: sfh-78863
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Primary Health Care
- This position will be responsible for providing typical nursing services and care for all patients attending the facilities.
The successful candidates will perform the following functions:
- Ensure the patient care provided at the facility is in accordance with PHC National guidelines
- Clinical care and support of all patients who present at the PHCs with emphasis on HIV/AIDs, Tuberculosis, Syndromic Management of STIs, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health, Nutrition, etc.
- Support the management of care and follow up of severe and complicated cases in consultation with the hospital staff.
- Works in collaboration with the Doctors, CHEWs and laboratory and Pharmacy technicians to ensure medical care of quality
- Works as a member of the health facility team to support patients with non-medical treatments (feeding and psychosocial)
- Provide on the job training for CHEWs on BEmONC and CEmONC to ensure quality delivery of services to the PHCs community.
- Work with CHEWS to inform mothers about the functioning of the centre and the services provided.
- Provision of high-quality care to complicated SAM cases
- Provide clinical care to complicated cases of Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM) admitted at the facility.
- Support the team in the Advocacy to the relevant state, LGA and community-level stakeholders requiring making input into the development of the SRH, Nutrition and MNH strategic plan.
- A minimum of B.Sc. Nursing or Registered Nurse/Midwife.
- Must possess between 3-5 years of working experience as a practising Nurse.
- Must possess a current license to practice from Nursing/Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Conversant with the culture and working environment in North-East Nigeria preferably speaks Hausa
- Demonstrate working experience in a culturally sensitive environment – North-East Nigeria.
- S/He should have experience working with state government’s health Agencies: SMoH, SPHCDA, etc.
Skills and competencies:
- Good clinical service provision skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Coordination and Team Building skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 13th March, 2020