Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coverage Head, Private Banking
Job ID: 31837
Job Sector: Banking
- To develop and maintain a portfolio of important revenue generating client relationships within the defined affluent market segment.
- As the primary point of contact for affluent clients, PBRMs sell, deliver and provide on-going service for a broad range of fee income and retail banking and investment products and services appropriate to affluent clients.
- Sales – 4 NTB accounts/week/RM, which translates to 16 NTB accounts per month and 192 per year.
- Accountable for developing and implementing an integrated customer marketing plan, which addresses wealth creation, wealth preservation, wealth enhancement and lifestyle enhancement; this is achieved through an in-depth analysis of the clients balance sheet so as to identify opportunities and match these opportunities to products/ solutions provided by the group.
- Monitor the delivery of different groups (Wealth, Lending, and Transactional) as well as other specialist product and service providers against customer plan.
- Grow portfolio profitability through the utilisation of available multi-channel delivery strategies, such as actively managing customer migration onto electronic banking channels.
- Manage customer migration between segments, sub-segments and the Private Banking business.
- Proactively and timeously identifies potential problem accounts and formulates appropriate risk mitigating strategies.
- Understands clients risk profile and maximises the ‘risk vs. reward’ balance for individual clients by optimising product mix.
- Provides personalised services to clients.Cross selling products to existing business customers and prospects and makes referrals to branches and other lines of business as appropriate.
- Comply with rules, regulations, and legislation governing the financial services industry.
- Achievement of relationship manager sales budget
- Growth / Volume – Customer acquisition and retention
- Client profitability and Risk Management.
- Cross-sell existing bank and group financial product and services to obtain greater share of wallet.
- Execution of customer plan.
- Resuscitate, retain and increase revenues from dormant, current and new private banking relationships.
- Manage and own relationships with up to 200 clients in portfolio.
- Job is largely a sales and marketing role with much time spent out marketing with a fair amount of travel for presentations and marketing of banks product and services.
- Maintain close contacts with clients in the portfolio to establish an intimate knowledge of client’s needs.
- Build incredible internal network within the group, to ensure the synergies and teamwork needed to maximise sales opportunities and optimise service delivery.
- Develop strong partnership with Transactional bankers and rest of suite team to ensure excellent and seamless service.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- A First degree or equivalent in any discipline and relevant professional certification in Banking, Business and Finance such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB) from the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN).
- A Master’s degree in Business/Finance or its equivalent would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant banking experience, preferably in a customer facing role and strong relationship management.
- A 1st degree is essential and a 2nd degree or a professional qualification in a related area will provide a sound foundation upon which job experience can be built.
- Must demonstrate hands-on experience in investment banking and Portfolio/Investment Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Sales Planning
- Cross-selling Skills
- Business Development
- Portfolio/Investment Management
- Retirement and Estate Planning
- Negotiation Skills
- Business and Financial Advisory
- Knowledge of Asset Management Products
- Customer Needs Identification
- Credit Analysis
- E-Channel Management
- Influencing Skills
- Probing Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th June, 2018.
Job Title: Business Development Executive – SIIBL
Job ID: 28613
Job Sector: Financial Services
- To grow and develop insurance income for SIIB and deliver profitable revenue streams from within and outside of the Stanbic IBTC Group.
- Ensure effective cross sell of insurance products and services across all major product lines.
- Execution of the regional sales strategy to achieve all revenue goals and targets through engagement with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Expansion of the Stanbic IBTC Group business through identification of revenue opportunities and harnessing of this revenue streams.
Achieve monthly sales target of Insurance brokerage commission:
- Achieve and surpass assigned monthly Insurance brokerage commission target
- Achieve and surpass assigned monthly/yearly insurance policy target
- Achieve and surpass assigned new customer acquisition for both personal and business lines
- Identify, initiate and convert leads for SIIBL
- Grow SIIBL wallet share of customer’s insurance portfolio by harnessing and upselling insurance products.
- Provide advice to corporate clients on managing and transferring risk using insurance solutions
- Ensure penetration into Customers own insurance arrangements by harvesting the Banks client base in CIB, PBB and Wealth thereby reducing leakage of potential revenue.
- Operate within the NAICOM guidelines and framework so as to avoid sanctions or infractions to the Company.
- Make physical / telephone calls / e-mails to clients for customer interactions
- Organize and facilitate Interactive sessions
- Effectively communicate and follow through, with client requests to Technical Operations /support units
- Maintain and update comprehensive customer database.
- Ensure Client Control files are maintained for all Corporate customers
- Consistently identify value to our customers by leveraging the various resources within the group
- Grow SIIBL’s share of mind among clients/ organizations in assigned institutions
- Proffer possible strategies/ways to improve sales and relating to customers.
- Identify key insurance opportunities outside of the Stanbic IBTC Bank network and across the country and appropriately position SIIBL to capture the business and revenue streams
- Grow the SIIB business within the region through regular engagement with prospective clients within and outside of the Group.
Customer Service Quality and Efficiency:
- Ensure sales, renewal, premium payment, policy issuing and claims processes for all insurance products and services are adhered to.
- Ensure accurate recording of both insurance direct sale and cross-sell revenue and sales per product or service.
- Provide excellent service to existing policyholders and ensure clients are notified before insurance policies expire
- Ensure all policies and products are competitive and remain competitive by conducting ongoing market and competitive analysis
Ensure Legislative Compliance and SIBTC standards:
- Operate within the NAICOM guidelines and framework so as to avoid sanctions or infractions to the Company
- Educate and enlighten clients employers about the dynamics of the Insurance industry
- Continuously monitor market trends in the insurance industry, including the regulatory and legal framework, with a view to assessing the possible impact on the insurance brokerage
- Maintain close contact with all internal stakeholders within Wealth – Benefit Administration, Administration, Contribution & Collections, Investment Management, Information Technology, Client Services, Client Experience, SIIB, SIAML, SITL and across all segments and leverage off their deals that might have insurance content.
- Liaise with Regulator on product development
- Maintain continuous discussion with external counter-parties specifically insurance companies where required
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a First degree in General Social Science/Marketing
- A relevant Masters degree or professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience with exposure in business development, sales and relationship management, sale of insurance products in an insurance company
Insurance Technical Competencies:
- Understanding of the basic principles of insurance including good faith, insurable interest, indemnity, contribution, subrogation and proximate cause.
- Knowledge and understanding of the range of insurance products and services available in the market and how that can be used to meet clients needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the information gathering process, the factors that affect the accepting and underwriting of risks and how these are applied on a day-to-day basis.
Effective Business Communication:
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in a clear and concise manner appropriate for the audience in order to explain, persuade, convince and influence others to achieve the desired outcomes..
- The ability to communicate and deliver information verbally in a clear, concise and comprehensive manner to other people, using appropriate props and tools.
Compliance (KYC etc):
- Knowledge and practical application of the requirements for KYC Compliance including the determination of beneficial ownership in complex client corporate structures.
- The ability to interpret regulations and laws that apply to the business and to provide information to business on how to comply e.g. Insurance Act 2003.
- The ability to use marketing techniques to increase the perceived value of the organisation over time and build customer loyalty through positive brand awareness.
- The ability to analyse customer needs by engaging with them, analysing their business objectives and their financial position.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2018.