Posted on :
20 Aug, 2010
20 Aug, 2010
Standard Bank Group is a global bank with African roots. It is South Africa’s largest bank, distinguished by its extensive operations in 17 African countries. Outside the African continent, Standard Bank Group operations span to 16 countries, with an emerging market focus. Our customers benefit from our knowledge and expertise in emerging markets, coupled with our global outlook.
Position: Business Banker
Location: Ibadan, Abuja & Kaduna
To provide a basic, branch-based business banking sales and service facility to a portfolio of small business customers requiring uncomplicated and standardized financial product solutions.
• Explain, promote and sell a range of appropriate Stanbic IBTC product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of small business customers.
• Selling includes acquiring and opening new business accounts (walk-in customers)
• Cross-selling additional products & services to existing customers (walk-in customers, during pro-active telephone conversations).
• Identifying sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking (Business Online); Card; etc.
• Mining existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
• Identifying opportunities to migrate top-end customers.
• Providing a central “no-frills” (information/ query handling) service point for a portfolio of small business customers.
• Performing a liaison role between customers and back – office service fulfillment and credit functions.
• Interacting with clients and conducting needs analysis to assist clients to better understand their financial requirements.
• Accurately and efficiently processing customer mandates/ documentation requirements for banking facilities.
• Educating clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing standard SME product and service offerings to ensure the correct customer behavior and product usage.
• Advice given to customers should benefit both the customer and Standard Bank. Wrong and unprofitable customer behavior should not be encouraged.
• Explain credit loan facility options and qualifying criteria to customers.
• Support customers in the completion of credit application information requirements e.g. personal balance sheets, cash flow statements, financial statements and management accounts.
• Process scored credit applications within the confidential limit of authority and BRI scores.
• Notify customers regarding the approval of credit loan facilities.
• Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act license categories.
• Adhering to record keeping requirements as outlined by CBN and the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU).
• Minimum of a degree from a reputable University
• Leadership and assertive skills
• Conceptual, Innovative and Analytical
• Customer-service oriented
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Good presentation and negotiation skills
• Organized and Result-oriented
• Socially Confident: Enjoys meeting people, puts people at ease, is good with words and knows what to say (even when communicating disagreeable information).
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Banking preferably in relationship/transactional banking.
How to Apply:
Click here to Apply for Job