Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture.
We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Analyst, Regulatory Reporting
Job ID: 567131
Job Function: Finance
Full/Part Time: Full time
- To collate information from the bank’s records and ensure timely submission of regulatory returns to CBN relating to:
- Invisible trade.
- Letters of Credit.
- Import bills.
- Exports Transactions
- Capital Importation.
- Purchase and Sales of Foreign Exchange
- Report on foreign trade credit lines to the regulators
- Provide reports required for regulatory examination exercises
- Support the Reporting Manager in liaison with Local Regulatory authorities
- Check the accuracy of all inputs from Trade dept and the branches
- Undertake key controls self assessments
- To collate information from the bank’s records and ensure timely submission of regulatory returns to CBN
- Be able to automate (end to end) the Trade returns and related reports made to the CBN
- Provide monthly reconciliation of FX trade returns and agree same to the banks general ledger
- Be up to update on changes in regulatory requirements and document a process review to accommodate such changes.
- Up load, update and deliver all local Trade returns timely
- Under the supervision of the Reporting Manager respond to and resolve all Local Trade Reporting issues
- Provide relevant schedules and respond to regulatory audit queries
Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower
- Professional qualifications in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, ACA plus at least three to four years work experience in Regulatory and Financial reporting department of a financial institution.
- Understanding of the GL accounts is essential in assessing whether the trend of an account is irregular and requires immediate management attention.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential in dealings with both internal and external customer.
- Ability to work in a busy and strenuous environment for long hours in order to meet set deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of the Local Regulatory requirements and Group Accounting practice supplemented by all round Banking experience.
- Good understanding of the Foreign Exchange Manual and related Circulars
- Working experience of Accounting/Banking systems and products is essential for the extraction and processing of data.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply