Posted on :
30 Apr, 2010
30 Apr, 2010
Standard Chartered PLC is a leading international bank, listed on the London, Hong Kong and Mumbai stock exchanges. It has operated for over 150 years in some of the world’s most dynamic markets and earns around 90 per cent of its income and profits in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Standard Chartered Bank recruits Product Manager
*Along with the Country Head of Products, drive the P&L component for Security Services
*Understand the competitive environment for Security Services (customer needs and behaviour, competitor offerings etc) and to respond to the consequent opportunities or threats in that product or overall business
*Ensure that new and innovative products and services under Security Services are identified, developed and/or enhanced in order to grow Transaction Banking revenues and profits, consistent with overall strategy
*Act as a product expert for Security Services
*Articulate a country strategy for Security Services and formulate dynamic plans to implement this
*Drive utilisation of all products under Security Services
*Assist Product Head and BORM in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and operational risk management at the business level.
*Implement controls within the Business Unit to meet all regulatory and internal requirements.
*Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Financial and Business Performance
* Individual must develop and execute operating plan that meets the countries and region’s financial goals and takes into account the end to end implications of business actions that includes sales, operations, risk and people.
* Development of pricing strategies, and participating in strategic management initiatives
* Optimize revenue streams from Cash and Custody Services by implementing key management initiatives
2. Strategic and Operating Agenda
* Develop and implement a 3-year strategic plan which includes revenue pools, related economic revenue, competitor’ analysis, client segments, and product development.
* Identify and maximize cash and custody services revenue opportunities in line with the overall TB strategy / operating plan.
* Drive product leadership through people, innovation
* Obtain investment by indentifying opportunities and developing the business case.
* Establish the capacity to be fit for purpose.
3. Execute Product Agenda
* Responsibility for delivering increase in product revenue pools for Cash and Custody services through positioning, pricing, campaigns, collateral, training and governance.
* Achieve of annual financial performance
* Contribute to our capability to respond to complex deals
* Create an agenda that drives productivity, efficiency and performance
4. External Focus
* Enhance brand value and thought leadership via authoring articles, speaking engagements, media and roundtable events
* Establish a strategy that drives a customer-centric view into Transaction Banking with activities including but not limited to focus groups, customer surveys and VoC
5. Stakeholder Management
* Engage and influence to ensure alignment of key stakeholders, namely: Sales, GTO, risk, compliance and audit, and, relevant management committees.
6. People Management
* Ability to recruit, retain and develop the next generation of leaders.
* Ability to motivate individuals and build team oriented, aspiration goals.
Qualifications & Skills
Degree in Finance / Business Administration
Post Graduate Degree in Finance a plus
*Past experience managing a team and a P&L
*Experience managing through influence in a large organization
*Product management experience in Custody & fund Administration
*Relevant client and/or geographical experience
*Past involvement with industry bodies a plus, (i.e. Swift).
*Minimum 10 years of working experience, with preferably 5 years in Securities Services
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
How To Apply:
Click on Professional Hire, Select Nigeria and Apply online