Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja, with branches in Lagos, Anambra state and now Niger State. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Psychiatrist
Employment Type: Full time/ Part- Time
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Applicant must have a degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)
- Must have a fellowship from either the West African College of Physicians or the National Postgraduate College of Nigeria
- Must have 4-6 years of experience in mental health service provision
- Applicant must be a registered member of Medical and Dental council Of Nigeria and should still own a valid practicing license
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting application
- Good communication skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The post holder will:
- Be responsible for patient assessment and diagnosis prior to admission, in patient care, discharge planning and aftercare
- Clinically support, coordinate and consult for sister organisations
- Organize and supervise weekly clinical meetings
- Play an active role in our sister charity organization, Reconnect Health Development Initiative
- Take a lead role in developing mental health services
- Be required to perform on call duties.
- Construct an accurate summary of patient’s needs, strengths, and a comprehensive individualized risk assessment that contributes to care planning.
- Communicate effectively through regular contact with patients, relatives and any other concerned bodies
- Run family sessions in line with the patients treatment plan and when the need arises
- Contribute to other departments in the organization – Business development, Administration and Management.
- Provide Clinical leadership in interaction, planning and collaboration with multidisciplinary team comprising of Psychiatric Nurses, Support Workers, and Clinical Psychologists in delivering a comprehensive high quality service.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 29th November, 2019
Note: The subject of the email should be “Consultant Psychiatrist- Niger” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.