Terragon is Africa’s fastest-growing enterprise marketing technology company. We aggregate and enrich difficult-to-source consumer data, generating measurable outcomes for telco’s, banks, and larger brands. Terragon uses its on-demand marketing cloud platform, attribution software, and deep analytics capability to enable thoughtful, targeted omni-channel access to 100m+ mobile-first African consumers.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Employment Type: Full-time
- Monthly reporting of (consolidated) financial management information including profit or loss, cash flow statement, balance sheet and key performance metrics. Explain developments in margins, balances and other metrics.
- Weekly reporting on revenue, cost of sales and cash flow.
- Bi weekly reporting on cash flow forecast
- Developing plans for financial growth.
- Support the sales and product development processes by reviewing contracts and business models.
- Evaluating and managing risk.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Preparation of the monthly bank reconciliation of the accounts of the company.
- Prepare and check sales invoices based on information received from customer success and sales departments
- Prepare and make payments
- Book and document all financial transactions and commitments in SAP and ensure that
- supporting documentation is stored in (electronic) archive. This covers revenue, costs,
- purchases of fixed assets.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information needed for the audit of financial statements
- Reconcile bank account statements with SAP on a daily basis
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures – check effectiveness of controls with a focus on revenue assurance, cost control and safeguarding of assets.
- Liaising with accounting officers with respect to bills receivable, bills payable, etc and monitor timely collection of accounts receivables.
- Prepare documentation for capital calls
- Compute statutory taxes i.e VAT, PAYE, local government and preparation of tax returns, ensure compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations.
- Coordinating audit processes
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- In the possession of a Masters’ degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant discipline
- Professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CFA
- Solid knowledge of all other finance operations including treasury, payments, accounting for foreign exchange transactions, controls.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships
- Strong analytical skill set both numerical as well as legal
- High level of commercial acumen
- Advanced computer software skills, especially Excel (ability to work with complex formulas), PowerPoint and Word.
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and preparing monthly reporting sets to management
- Advanced and hands-on knowledge of SAP B1
- Fast experience with developing and monitoring of performance metrics critical to business growth
- Solid knowledge of tax and other applicable company laws and regulations in Nigeria.
- Strong leadership skills and track record of bringing structure to a finance department and developing junior team members
- Experience with finance functions in other African countries will be considered an advantage.
N3,600,000 – N5,400,000 annually.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and a Cover Letter describing why you are a good fit for the job to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2021.