Posted on :
11 Dec, 2009
11 Dec, 2009
United Nations Development program (UNDP) is recruiting for a Procurement Analyst to be based in Abuja, the capital of Nigeria
Under the guidance and direct supervision of Service Center Manager the Procurement Analyst supervises or is a team member of the CO Procurement Unit, responsible for effective delivery of procurement services in order to obtain the best value for money. Under the guidance of the SC Manager …He/she analyzes and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to procurement. The Procurement Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
The Procurement Analyst works in close collaboration with the Management Support and Business Development, Operations, Programme and project teams in the CO, UNDP HQs staff and Government officials to successfully deliver procurement services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
Elaboration and implementation of operational strategies
Management of procurement processes
Introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools Control of CO Assets
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Under the guidance of the SC Manager the Procurement Analyst will ensures elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
* CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit.
* Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
* Implementation of contract strategy in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
* Implementation of the strategic procurement in the CO including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
2. Manages and guides procurement processes for CO, NEX/DEX projects, UN House and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Timely and duly preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
* Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
* Review and certification of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
* Management of procurement contracts and, upon delegation of responsibility, performing the functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for Purchase orders approval.
* Elaboration of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
* Establishment of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement.
* Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
* Implementation of harmonized procurement services and elaboration of proposals on common services expansion in the UN House, introduction of joint procurement for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
3. Ensures introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
4. Ensures proper control of CO Assets focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Elaboration and implementation of inventory management.
* Implementation of Inventory and physical verification control in the CO and projects.
* Physical verification control can be implemented by other staff, e.g. Finance staff.
Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Treats all people fairly without favoritism
Knowledge Management and Learning
Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
In-depth knowledge on development issues
Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
Ability to analyze procurement service requirements
Ability to lead procurement processes using specific procurement methods (RFQ, ITB, RFP).
Ability to apply organizational policies and procedures
Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
Strong analytical skills
Management and Leadership
Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
UNDP Procurement Certification programme
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of web based management systems.
Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Deadline is 28th December 2009.