United Nigeria Airlines is a wholly owned Nigerian company incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 at the Corporate Affairs Commission to offer commercial air transportation services under the trade name United Nigeria. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Aircraft Technician
Employment Type: Full Time
Effective Date: TBA
Reports to: TBA
- The Aircraft Technician is responsible for performing routine checks on aircraft systems, such as electrical, communications, and hydraulic systems.
- Makes repairs to aircraft that have been damaged
- Inspects electronic and structural elements of aircraft on a regular basis
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of aircraft interiors and exteriors.
- Inspect aircraft engines for cracks and leaks.
- Inform component repairs to shift lead and manager.
- Operate support equipment that is used in the removal and installation of major aircraft components.
- Use, maintain and store company-provided tools and equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Diagnoses issues with aircraft and determines a solution
- Makes reports on the work done and components that need to be replaced
- Uses specialist equipment to check aircraft systems are in working order
- Inspect aircraft for any component defects, break-outs, fluid leakages, etc.
- Perform maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft components, with the instruction of the Engineer
- Test aircraft operations to identify malfunctions.
- Perform oil changes, battery service, hydraulic system service and other aircraft servicing tasks assigned
- Ensure compliance with NCAA regulations and company standards.
- Keep the work area clean and safe.
Experience & Qualification
- Candidates should possess a High School Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree
- At least two years of related experience required
- Current credentials/related certificates will be an advantage.
- Must be able to use ladders, work stands, lifts, etc. and be able to work on all areas of the aircraft that may require access during the performance of duties
- Must be comfortable working at heights and confined spaces.
- Physical exertion such as: pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking and light lifting of boxes, bags, files and electronic equipment
- Must not have any medical conditions that preclude certification of aircraft run/taxi of company aircraft and vehicles.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application (indicating location) and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.