An indigenous logistics and supply chain management company with services covering International Freight Forwarding, International Removal & Relocation, Project Logistics in the Oil Industry, Power and Telecoms
Sectors, Warehousing & Storage, Dangerous Goods Handling including Radioactive Sources & Explosives, Exhibition Logistics, and Road Haulage/Transportation is currently in need of suitable candidate to fill the position of a Client Services/Accounts Manager.
Job Title: Client Services/Accounts Manager
- To consistently promote a ‘customer first’ approach.
- Understand and have an appreciation of customer requirements and quality standards.
- Engage with customers to help ensure maximum operational satisfaction.
- Ensuring the correct procedures are in place to recognize, meet and exceed customer expectations wherever possible
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing activities within the International Department
- Identifying and recruiting new affiliates. Maintaining stimulating relationships with the current affiliates while developing and monitoring affiliate promotions
- Updating and guiding the affiliates and associates with up-to-date customs regulations and guidelines in Nigeria as it affects importation and exportation of household goods and personal effects to ensure their compliance with laid down rules especially on documentation requirements.
- Develop a plan to ensure that unit members deal with rate enquiries through phone calls, fax messages and e-mail as well as through personal visits and replying to these requests promptly.
- Liaising with shipping lines, airlines and destination agents to source for negotiated freight charges and rates.
- Vetting quotations going out for import, export and local moves including the requests from the company’s branches.
- Handling quotations for general cargo/exhibition goods and estimated delivery dates on request from Customers.
- Provide adequate training to unit members which will cover handling quotations for general cargo/exhibition goods and giving estimated delivery dates on request from Customers
- Preparing documents for Bids/Tenders on Management Accounts. Taking an active involvement and assisting in the preparation of any major tender or pitch responses as required
- Offering special advice on Insurance Cover for shipments on Import and Export.
- Provide information on shipment status once order(s) is dispatched and processing claims.
- Attending to clients’ complaints while keeping records of clients’ feedback on services rendered.
- Interfacing effectively with the Sales and Marketing, Operations, Billing, Commercial Desk and IT teams to develop and maintain strong working relationships to support the efficient and effective management of clients
- Actively maintain an up to date “accurate” knowledge of competitor activity, ensuring management are kept informed, with a view to optimize market intelligence and business opportunities
- Contribute to the development, of marketing and promotion materials and selling of the services provided to optimize business opportunities and revenue generation
- Undertake and log comprehensive fact finds with both existing and new clients, establishing the key specific business needs, benefits sought, and any potential barriers to sale
- Prepare and submit formal proposals based on information gained from the client, and to ensure that quotations submitted adhere to published standards and formats, and the company’s quality procedures and contract terms are upheld.
- Provide monthly reports of the activities of the customer relations unit and its members.
- Guide unit members to identify flexible measures to satisfy customer’s urgent requirement.
- And any other duties has required from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years in a similar position.
- Degree level essential – Relevant field or related degree.
- Experience in Shipping and Logistics will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply below