Value Edge Management Services – Our client is a leading Nigerian Investment and leasing institution with proven expertise in Financial Advisory, Securities Dealing (Fixed Income and Equities), Asset Management and Private Equity”. Our client is expanding its activities to include covering the GAP in SME Credit support initiatives.
To achieve their current expansion plan, we are looking for strategic and experienced candidates to join their team within the capacity below:
Job Title: Credit Analyst
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Credit Analyst position support and help to grow our client’s loan portfolio with minimal losses and exceptional returns.
- Evaluating loan applications and including the credit analysis and loan request summaries, then submitting these loan applications to Lease and Finance Director and the loan approving committees for approval
- Evaluating clients’ credit data and financial statements in order to determine the degree of risk involved in lending money to them
- Preparing reports about the degree of risk in lending money to clients
- Analyzing client records and using the data to recommend payment plans
- Conferring with references to exchange credit information on clients
- Evaluating the financial status of clients by producing financial ratios through computer programs
- Collaborating with sales and other units /departments in managing financial orders to help them control credit exposure, make payments on time, and reduce the risk of customer disputes.
- Conferring with clients to verify their financial/credit transactions and to resolve their complaints
- Analyzing credit data and financial information of persons or companies that are applying for credit or loans to determine the risk to the organization.
- Determine if a loan or line of credit will be granted, and if so, the terms of the loan, including interest rate.
- Prepare reports based upon due diligence findings to help make decisions on lending and credit-worthiness.
- Collaborate with parties to clear and resolve equity, credit, tax and equipment issues and inform transaction charges.
- Review leases and contracts to set up and monitor lease obligations.
- Handle current Lease Line accounts and customer special handling reporting and invoicing.
- Complete billing and payment packages on time with supporting documents.
- Prepare Release of Lease and Assignments.
- Conduct and maintain database lease entry document information
- Respond to enquiries and coordinate with accounting departments.
- Research to ensure payment of revenues on time.
- Follow-up customer, lessee and vendor enquiries and special requests on time.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- HND / B.Sc / BA degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Management or a related Business discipline
- Minimum of 4 years (preferably commercial) working with an Investment institution, Commercial Bank, Financial Consulting Firm or in a Business Development Role (with experience in the financial services sector a plus).
- Good knowledge of accounting and relevant lending ratios. ·
- Experience in SME & consumer lending. ·
- Highly motivated and target driven with a demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects of client relationships and projects including considerable experience meeting commercial milestones (i.e. achieving revenue or profit targets).
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills including the ability to properly identify the key credit risks, and reach a prompt and well thought out credit decision.
- Good reporting skills.
- Customer engagement skills and a passion for creating an extraordinary customer experience regardless of the final credit decision.
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills with a working knowledge of the entire underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections. Able to work well with others and independently,
- Use basic word-processing software and know-how to multitask.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 16th February, 2021.