Wellspring University was founded by Management Science Centre, a Professional Training and Educational Consulting Firm established in 1983.
The centre, which has a long-standing history of excellent performance in this subsector, commenced business as a tutorial centre for degree students of the then Correspondence and Open Studies Institute of the University of Lagos.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Head as well as the Chief Accounting Officer of the University. The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of Four (4) years, and shall be eligible for re-appointment for another term only.
The Candidate for the post of the Vice-Chancellor of the university must be distinguished scholar with outstanding academic and administrative records and he or she must:
- have high moral standards; impeccable character with irrevocable commitment to best practise in corporate governance.
- Demonstrate interpersonal ane team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between staff, students, other members of the university community and the university’s various stakeholders.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of ICT and enjoy robust physical and mental health.
- Must be within the ages of Forty Five (40) and Sixty (60) years.
- Possess a Doctorate degree and be a full professor of not less than Ten (10) years standing, with appreciable ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University community.
- Possess a proven track record of academic excellent in terms of quality publications and teaching.
- Possess a clear vision for the further development of the University and realization of its vision, mission and strategic goals.
- have a demonstrable ability to establish and maintain partnership with local, national and international governmental and non-governmental agencies and organisations
- Exhibit marketing skills toward increasing student population as well as the entrepreneurial drive and ability to mobilise other resources for the development of the university.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae with a copy of the candidate Statement of Vision for the university for the next Five years and beyond to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 10th September, 2018.