WIOCC is the leading player in the deployment of carrier-scale, future-proofed network infrastructure into Africa. We have the flexibility and scale to meet the ever-growing demand for reliable, high-speed capacity throughout Africa, driven by end consumers, enterprise users and the ecosystem that supports them. Our policy of continual investment in our network to create Africa’s first, truly hyperscale network infrastructure means ongoing investment for growth, ensuring our readiness to meet the future data volume demands of end users throughout Africa. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Desk Support Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Proactively manage WIOCC’s service desk channels, be the client first-contact champion and ensure all client issues are ticketed to meet quality and performance levels that ensure client delight.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Client query/issue handling. Ensuring client queries or issues are captured, validated, and open tickets for further processing by the NOC.
- Communicating with clients. Ensuring that various types of information are communicated to clients through the appropriate channel(s).
- Automation. Ensuring improvement of the above two processes through analysis, reviews, and reporting, as well as through automation, competence building, knowledge sharing and other organizational changes.
- In conjunction with client service managers, conduct client satisfaction surveys and generate reports.
- Assessment of client satisfaction/lack of it once an incident is resolved – through calls/emails among others.
- Manage and coordinate the escalation for urgent and complicated support issues to the respective teams.
- Establish new and report of existing progress reports and performance metrics to measure system effectiveness and productivity.
- Monitor problem management database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems.
- Generation of various service desk reports in an accurate manner and distribution in an effective and timely manner.
- Monitors client complaints and addresses issues raised.
- Collaborate on policies and standard operating procedures with department head.
- Identify service concerns, issues, challenges and liaise with other stakeholders to ensure problem is promptly actioned.
- Ensure data integrity of ticketing systems.
- Monitors service desk channels and collects performance data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Telecommunications (or equivalent) in a related field
- ITIL certification
Experience & Skills:
- Requires minimum of 2 years experience in telecom industry including experience in service desk, customer service or similar fields.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills evidenced by work history and accomplishments.
- Respond to a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfil requests or enable resolution.
- Promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate.
- Maintains records, informs users about the process, and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Knowledge of at least one trouble ticket system, NetSuite (desirable)
- Excellent communications and soft skills, including ability to listen to and summarize and concisely share key information with clients.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple priorities and solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Client focused, confident, relationship builder
- Personal excellence, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Collaborative, achieve results through teamwork and partnerships
- Integrity, honest with high ethical standards
- Boundless, passionate, and flexible
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV including three (3) Referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail