African Development Bank – The first thing you will notice about the AfDB is the passion of its employees to help reduce poverty on the continent, improve living conditions for Africans and mobilize resources for the continent’s economic and social development. That is what drives us to seek motivated individuals who share this commitment to poverty reduction.
Our network of leading experts in every field identifies women and men whose experience, knowledge, and talents contribute to improving the quality of life on the continent.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacancies:
Job Position: Administrative and Finance Officer – Nigeria Field Office
Duties and responsibilities
- Budget preparation and implementation: Draw up administrative budget of the Field Office following the schedule set by the Budget Department; Contribute to the preparation of centralized budgets at headquarters to take into account the particular investment needs of the Field Office; Monitor expenditure in accordance with the Bank’s internal control rules and procedures; Report periodically on the status of the budget implementation and propose possible revisions.
- Financial management and reporting: Establish procedures and controls to improve efficiency of service and identify cost savings and promote efficient use of Bank resources; Provide guidance on accounting treatment and financial transactions with respect to NGFO; Advise management on methods to improve control environment in the Field Office; Check and approve the accounting entries in SAP; Review monthly financial report, timely preparation and verification of reports, statements and schedules for auditing of the Field Office activities.
- Human Resources Management: Submit reports on personnel management; Manage office staff benefits in accordance with the Human Resources policy and instructions in force; Assist the Resident Representative with consultant recruitment and staffing issues.
- General Administration & Procurement: Oversee institutional procurement of goods and services and management of property and equipment; Supervise procurement of goods and services in keeping with the Bank’s rules and procedures; Prepare and monitor service providers’ contracts; Ascertain sound stock keeping for office supplies and inventory of Bank property and equipment; Control the processing of mission expenditure advances and balances; Ensure the quality of Bank facilities in NGFO, including workspaces according to Bank standards, property and equipment as well as service provision relating to the upkeep, maintenance and security of facilities; Inform and discuss with counterparts at Headquarters the administrative problems affecting NGFO in order to find appropriate solutions thereto; Facilitate the obtainment of administrative documents necessary for the proper functioning of the office and staff from the relevant authorities; Organize, supervise and monitor the activities of administrative staff and ensure appropriate training for the latter in order to obtain quality services.
- Undertake any other official duties that may be assigned by the Resident Representative. The Administrative and Finance Officer will ensure monthly monitoring of finance and administrative activities of the Country Office; Prepare a quarterly report for the respective managers highlighting issues that require their attention; Ensure that proper administrative and logistic controls are implemented; Ensure that proper control mechanism, segregation of duties are in place and that Bank procedures are fully implemented.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Master’s degree in Accountancy, Finance or Administration. Membership to an internationally recognized professional accounting body (CA, CPA, ACCA or Expert Comptable) would be an advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience including 3 years of experience in an accounting firm or in an international/multinational financial organization, plus 2 years in a public or private sector organization.
- Capacity to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, in English or French.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SAP S/R would be an advantage.
1st August, 2011
How To Apply
Click here to apply online