MTN is the largest telecommunication service provider in Nigeria, they are now looking for Customer Service Engineer to be based in Abuja, Nigeria, he or she will report to Customer Service Engineer Team Lead. The ideal candidate is expected to have First Degree in Engineering, Computing or equivalent IT certification Numerical/data analysis skills
A minimum of 4 years work experience
Experience in telecommunications networks and/or in a complex, technology based, trouble shooting customer service environment
Experience or participation in the design of systems architecture and network systems
- Integrate network communication architectures, topologies, hardware, and protocols into existing MTN network for Enterprise Solutions clients.
- Provide 2nd line Support at MDNS customer end on various TX media (Microwave, fiber, copper, Wimax), MUX (DXX), MDF, Cabinets, modem and CPE issues; including VSAT.
- Act as Regional point of contact for MTN Enterprise Solution Planning, Implementation and support teams; providing accurate end to end analysis; working with MTN HQ support teams.
- Perform Implementation and support of FWA network integration of Customer Edge devices to the FWA Pre WIMAX and the imminent WIMAX network
- Ensure MDNS work (Planning, Implementation, Operations) is carried out as needed and scheduled. React to emergency faults and ensure that all faults are rectified promptly within contracted SLA; including VSAT
- Prepare and compile operations report on the MDNS network in light of the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Carry out routine maintenance, ensuring the integrity of MTN Nigeria’s assets
- Ensure Implementation and maintenance work undertaken by MDNS/fixed network contractors meets MTN Nigeria’s specification
- Ensure that all planned network expansions take place on schedule, Transmission, MDF work to ensure customer satisfaction
- Perform high level support functions on all MTN MDNS transmission equipment at MTN Sites, Switching Centers, RDLU’s and Customer premises
- Administer accurate data within the current Engineering Database, i.e. accurate tracking of job orders placed with vendors and any changes thereof, co-ordination of the acceptance testing of all delivered links and related equipment: including Microwave, fiber and copper.
- Maintain a comprehensive set of records and configuration database of all transmission links, fixed & data lines and spares for MDNS/leased line customers
- Ensure all security and network integrity documentation is completed and adhered to.
- Maintain the client relationship/satisfaction by ensuring a prompt response to fault reports, maximum continuity of service and minimal downtime.
- Alert sales to possible business opportunities through the management chain
- Manage suppliers to ensure results are delivered in line with contractual and commercial commitments to maximize business benefits
- Provide technical supervision of contractors working on ENS network infrastructure to ensure they
This offer expires on the 13th of october 2009
Click here for more details
You have to register on MTN website to continue