Posted on :
17 Feb, 2010
17 Feb, 2010
Etisalat Nigeria has over its 32 years of experience, pioneered various innovative technologies in emerging markets and extended the reach of millions of subscribers globally. Etisalat Nigeria is currently recruiting for Manager, Mechanical & Electrical – to be based in Lagos. The candidate will report to: Head, Field Operations.
MANAGER, MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL
Reports to: Head, Field Operations
Work Base: Lagos
• Assists the Head, Field Operations in the maintenance of Main Switch Centres, BTS, MGW TXM rooms, Satellite equipment rooms etc with a focus on creating a superb end to end customer experience.
SUMMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitates and ensures 100% power availability at all network sites.
• Tracks power outages with a vision of driving continuous improvement in network availability and service quality (Root Cause Analysis).
• Assists in the implementation of all preventive and corrective maintenance activities, which include in-house team contractors.
• Updates technical documentation, and operational logs pertaining to maintenance activities.
• Responds to emergency faults and ensures that all faults are rectified promptly within contracted SLA.
• Supports the Head, Filed Maintenance in the regular audit exercise of M&E installations for BTS, BSC, MGW, and data centres.
• Contributes in the operations expense budget and vendor negotiations.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by Head, Field Operations.
First degree or its equivalent in Engineering –related discipline.
Post-graduate/professional qualification in relevant field will be an added advantage.
Possession of MBA desirable.
Possess ability to develop equipment and systems specifications.
Excellent client/contractor relation management.
Five (5) to Seven (7) years work experience with at least three (3) in a Supervisory role.
IN ADDITION, INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST:
• Have completed NYSC or possess exemption certificate.
• Be highly focused and success driven.
• Be strategic and analytical thinkers.
• Possess good leadership, interpersonal and people skills.
• Possess high level of integrity and self regulation.
• Possess excellent communication skills.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Qualified/interested candidates should forward updated / detailed curriculum vitae to: [email protected]
Subject of mail should indicate position applying for and desired location.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.