GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ge.com
GE is recruiting to fill the position of:
Position Title: GE Africa Early Career Development Program – Nigeria
Job Number: 1997220
Business: GE Global Growth Organization
- The Early Career Development Program is a 12- month program designed to develop entry-level talent for GE businesses across Africa.
- The program purpose is to build expertise and leadership skills in specific areas of finance.
- The program includes classroom and online training. Candidates will undertake challenging assignments and benefit of exposure to GE senior leaders.
- As a key pipeline for future GE talent, the candidate will be required to provide support to the business in area of business intelligence support in developing opportunities in the Nigeria market.
- This will involve market research, customer visits, data gathering and analysis; and presenting to stakeholders.
- The candidate will also help develop a team knowledge library and market intelligence repository.
- This will involve developing profiles for key market participants and competitors for both existing and new GE Nigeria businesses.
- The candidate will conduct research activities from both published reports and the internet; and extract valuable information to develop the proposed library/repository.
- The candidate will be responsible for providing status updates on a project-by-project basis for both upcoming and ongoing projects, and providing relevant feedback to key stakeholders.
- Finally the candidate will assist in Supporting the Office of the CEO in providing thought leadership within the Nigeria Infrastructure space and coordinating GE Senior Leadership visits to Nigeria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Business Administration, Accounting sciences or related field ; GPA greater than or equal 3.0/4.0 overall;
- Authorized to work in one’s country full time without restrictions; A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have advanced to fluent level of English; ability to work in fast paced changing environment,
- Demonstrated team player;
- Confident self starter who has demonstrated drive; ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and work to meet deadlines.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail ensuring timely follow-up and closure.
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills – verbal, written and listening.
- Able to take on ad-hoc assignments and work flexible hours as required.
- Ability to handle business sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity.
- Good organizational and efficiency skills;
- Experience working within a very busy environment where deadlines are clearly defined and must be met.
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results.
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set.
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to change.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online