Job Vacancies at Guiness Nigeria Plc:
Diageo in Nigeria takes the form of Guinness Nigeria Plc. A major player in the brewing industry and one of the leaders in Nigeria’s manufacturing sector, now operating three breweries, including one in Benin and Aba, with the brewery in Lagos considered as one of the most modern and technologically advanced breweries in Africa. Guiness Nigeria Plc currently employ around 1100 people in total, and make a big impact in other ways too.
Guiness is now recruiting for a Packaging Operations Supply Manager
This role will play a key role in achieving and ensuring delivery of Packaging Performance promise, they will align and champion the improvement programs and ensure compliance to standards.
- This role is important to the achievement of the overall Africa region business plans by impacting on COGS in a supply centre delivering 775 M£ NSV through ensuring Diageo has the most cost effective operations across the owned and managed sites inside Africa.
- They will support the CI projects and support & lead the site teams in the implementation of best practice across all plants including.
- They will ensure all Diageo’s assets are utilized effectively before any further investment.
2. Market Complexity:
- This role operates across multiple markets in the developing and volatile economies of Africa as well as interacting at a global level with global functions and other supply centres.
- The role includes ensuring compliance with diverse regulatory systems in various countries.
3. Leadership Responsibilities:
- This role will champion packaging efficiency improvements, process quality and cost improvement across Africa.
- They will help develop strategy at the Supply Hub level and will develop plans and lead implementation across the operating sites.
- They will ensure a culture of continuous improvement is developed. This role will lead up to 5 Packaging Specialists.
- Develop and implement packaging efficiency improvements, reduction in material and liquid waste and step change in outer packaging quality in plants.
- Support & lead the site teams in CI delivery using a structured PP methodology, building capability & the implementation of best practice across all plants.
- Leads and tracks plant action plans and ensures ability of plans to hit KPI’s.
- Responsible for assisting the operational management to access the correct support on specific issues if the Support Person is unable to resolve the issue.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Science with an Engineering/ Operational qualification/status, Diploma Master Brewer (IOB) qualification.
- Experience in a senior production role (five plus years) such as Packaging manager/Production manager/ Brewing manager.
- Expert manufacturing management principles and techniques in packaging, perfect plant.
- Understanding of best practice implementation model and strategy.
- Understanding of the principles of change management and cultures in different countries.
- Analytical problem solving and auditing skills.
- Understanding of governance standards such as LTO, ISO, and HACCP. Self-motivated and achievement oriented leader.
- Role to be based in West Africa and will requires a considerable amount of travel across the Supply Hub markets; therefore the incumbent needs to manage the role effectively from a variety of locations.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Deadline is 20th August 2009.
To apply online click on the link below. Select ‘Search Openings’ and enter the reference number 20314BR in the keyword field.
Apply for this job here