Our client, an indigenous exploration and production company, is a subsidiary of an international company with a portfolio of oil and gas assets in Nigeria. The company is based in Uyo, Akwa-Ibom state.
As part of strategies to further strengthen its operations in Nigeria, the company has identified the need to recruit exceptional, highly motivated and energetic individuals to join its team and make significant contributions towards achieving its goals.
Job Title: Managing Director
Job ID: ES00608
Reports to: Board of Directors
- The successful candidates will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations and management of the Company, including its joint venture operations in Lagos and Uyo.
- A major focus will be to develop the company’s sole operated project of the Marginal field.
- Drive operational effectiveness and efficiency in the company and its joint venture.
- Provide leadership to ensure the application of international standards in all operations and HSE
- Maintain good working relationships with JV partners, government agencies, host communities and other stakeholders
- A good first degree in any science or engineering disciplines from a reputable university
- A minimum of 15 years’ upstream experience including extensive general management experience within an exploration and production company.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly relationships building and communication skills.
- Ability to manage a large workforce wit diverse background, maintain relationship with various stakeholders, including third party contractors, JV partners and government agencies.
- Excellent leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- High intuition and good decision-making skills.
Method of Application
To apply, please quote the appropriate reference number as the subject of the e-mail and send your current curriculum vitae (prepared as a word document and saved with your full names), a statement of how you meet our selection criteria, and the names and contact details(including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievement and abilities to us at [email protected]
not later than November 10, 2011.