Posted on :
27 Jul, 2009
Procter & Gamble Nigeria is recruiting exceptional graduates for Key Account Managers.
P&G Key Account Manager is responsible for managing Procter & Gamble Distributor Organization. The Distributor is P&G’s key customer (Account) responsible for selling P&G brands within designated area via sales representatives- Van Sales Rep, Market Sales Rep and Bike Sales Rep.
The KAM leads the distributor organization to deliver/exceed P&G sales (volume) expectations. He/She is responsible for training/coaching the distributor sales reps to:
The key role/responsibilities of the KAM are divided into two:
Building the Business:
1. Responsible for delivery/exceeding target sales for distributor organization.
2. Ensures all the different types of P&G brands are always available in every store.
3. Ensures P&G brands (in every store) have advantage over competition – in display, visibility and pricing
4. Responsible for identifying and developing new customers to ensure minimum 165 productive customers per van sales rep. This involves regular field training with sales reps to develop current customers and identify new ones.
5. Responsible for ensuring the distributor is selling to customers at agreed terms with P&G. KAM is however not responsible for the distributor’s business decisions.
6. Responsible for ensuring the distributor sales reps are selling to retailers at the recommended retail prices.
7. Responsible for effective coverage of all the Open Markets in the area via regular tracking of results.
8. Responsible for perfect execution of all P&G initiatives/promotions in the distributor locations
9. Responsible for perfect reporting to the Unit Manager and P&G Office: Competitive information, sales level, total number of customers and expense reports.
Building the Organization:
1. Guides distributor on hiring, training and coaching sales reps to deliver organization objectives.
2. Guides distributor on deploying competitive salary/welfare package for employees – in line with P&G recommendation.
3. Responsible for assessing and recommending distributor sales reps for promotion.
4. Responsible for energizing the sales team via effective morning meetings with sales reps.
Summary of Job Requirements:
Job: Sales/Customer Business Development