Posted on :
24 Dec, 2009
Preparation for Life Limited is recruiting for Business Development Manager who will be reporting directly to: PFL Abuja Office Manager / Other PFL Senior Managers
Job Location: Abuja ( Northern area)
The successful candidate will work closely with local and UK based colleagues to deliver PFL’s plan of student recruitment, marketing, public relations and customer service with a view to attract and increase Nigerian student recruitment, in line with set targets and timely submission of reports. Applicant will be a credible sales professional selling PFL recruitment services to schools, companies and other relevant bodies. The role is focused mainly on increasing student numbers to be placed in all PFL partner institutions in UK, Australia and New Zealand and is suited for the person who can exploit his/her exceptional sales skills with effective and successful results.
– To develop new business relationships and present PFL services to potential clients through direct communication, face to face meetings, telephone calls and emails with the objective to increase student numbers year on year.
– You will be expected to spend 60 – 80% of your time out of the office in meetings; travel may be a major factor and is predicted to be predominantly within Ghana.
– Responsible for your own lead/contacts generation and appointment setting.
– Explore market opportunities and gather useful information to serve as input for PFL Nigeria marketing strategy.
– Actively and successfully manage potential students’ generation, negotiation and handover of students/enquirers generated to the office management team.
– Possess drive, motivation and excellent attention to detail in ensuring that all recruitment opportunities to PFL are captured and explored
– Establishing effective relationships with contacts at organisations such as the British Council, British High Commission, relevant schools and colleges.
– Ensure that external and internal communications including queries and issues are handled on a timely and appropriate basis.
– Create and be accountable for all client proposals and any further documents following PFL procedure.
– To effectively interact with your team in the PFL Abuja office discussing and reporting all updates fully and correctly with the branch Manager copying the Regional Manager, Deputy Regional Manager and the Country Manager
– Keeping abreast of issues affecting PFL Abuja and its industry and collecting competitor intelligence
– Expected to confidently present tailored presentation to potential client team by effectively using power point and a range of presentation Skills
– Generally increasing Brand awareness, bringing in new customers and co-ordinating public relations efforts.
– Ensure the provision of periodic reports and special reports on general activities carried out or happening within your region
– Assume any other responsibilities that may be given by the Director, Africa / or the CEO himself
Persons Specifications Attributes/Skills Essential Desirable Education/ Qualifications:
– Graduate with degree in social sciences or arts/humanities
– Membership of relevant professional bodies Experience
– Not less than 2 years relevant business experience within an education or marketing environment at management level – – Experience or knowledge of the UK educational system
– Experience of marketing, communications or promotional work
– Experience of working with a range of senior managers and external bodies
– Experience of project and resource management Skill
– Strong communication and report writing skills
– Good presentation Skills
– Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
– Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
– Negotiation skills
– Excellent planning and prioritization skills
– Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
– Multi-tasking skills
– Knowledge of other languages
– Demonstrable IT Skills
– A person of integrity
– Creative and takes initiative.
– Able to work independently and effectively with teams
– Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
– Self motivated person able to work as a professional
– Ability to speak Hausa will be an added advantage
– Proven Leadership Qualities
– UK Passport Holder/ current UK visa holder/ visited the UK before