Posted on :
12 Jul, 2009
12 Jul, 2009
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund has instituted a chair in Renewable Energy in the University of Benin in view of the relevance of renewable energy to national development and the need to support indigenous research in the area. Application is hereby open to all qualified Nigerians within and outside the University to fill the post of:
PROFESSORIAL CHAIR HOLDER
* Chair holders’ Research Area will be expected to focus on “Development of Bioenergy and Biofuels Technology”.
* Applicants therefore must be distinguished University scholars preferably Professors of Engineering with demonstrable academic and research leadership as well as adequate research experience.
* He or she must be able to carry out multidisciplinary research. The chair holder shall in addition to research, teach relevant courses in Petroleum Chemistry at both undergraduate and graduate levels as well as carry out other academic duties as may be assigned by the University.
CONDITION OF SERVICE
* The appointment shall be for a three (3) year period in the first instance, renewable for another two years based on performance.
* The condition of service is as obtainable in the Nigeria University System with provision for funding of research, attendance at conferences and travels.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are to forward 20 copies of their Curriculum Vitae stating age, marital status, qualifications, teaching and research experience, scholarly publications especially in areas of Bioenergy and Biofuels as well as research area of renewable energy; to reach the Registrar, University ofBenin, Benin City on or before 20th August, 2009.
Each application shall be accompanied by a short proposal on the research area which shall be presented and discussed during the interview.
Candidates are to nominate three referees who must send confidential reports on them to reach the Registrar before the date of interview. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.