is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria’s largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 700 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
Job Title: Receptionist – APM Terminals,
Location: Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global team at APM Terminals Apapa and contribute to the success of the organization. The position reports to the Administrative Supervisor.
- Welcomes visitors, determines nature of business & announces to appropriate personnel.
- Organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mails, faxes, post and courier shipments.
- Provision of timely & accurate administrative support to maintain day to day efficiencies in the office. Liaising with clients, suppliers, vendors and other staff as appropriate.
- Manages meeting room administration and use.
- Manage the Management team offices and ensure safety of its properties and neatness of the environment.
- Assists with the arrangement of social events, logistics and transportation.
- Devising and maintaining office systems to deal efficiently with paper flow and filing.
- Organizing and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- University degree in Humanities, Business or related field.
- Requires at least one year of progressively more responsible administrative work experience.
- High drive and interest in taking on new task.
- A high level of understanding of office procedures is essential.
- Fluent in English; both written and spoken.
- Well-organized, timely and persistent.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of co-workers and individuals.
- Must be able to handle matters of company business with confidentiality and integrity.
- Must be able to use various office machines, such as copy machine, fax machine, Binding Machine etc.
- Must have sound knowledge & ability to use a multi-line telephone system.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
This position is a local position, based in Lagos, Nigeria and will remain posted until 30/March/2012.
Please click link below to apply and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV. For all internal applications please note that HR will contact your local HR to request for your staff card upon receipt of your application.