Posted on :
8 Jul, 2015
8 Jul, 2015
Job Title: Head of Investments
Shell – LAGOS
Other DetailsAbout this job
We are looking for a Head of Investments with high levels of maturity and experience to engage with both internal and external parties, notably Board of Trustees, Regulatory Agencies, Financial Institutions and quoted Companies at executive management level to. The Head of Investments is a member of the Shell Nigeria Closed Fund Administrator Ltd.’s (SNCPFA) management team with responsibility for managing Pension Funds Investment Portfolio (excluding direct property investments) within acceptable risk parameters and in accordance with Shell Group, SNCPFA policies and relevant statutes.
The Head, Investments will be expected to optimize asset-liability matching, contribute to the growth of the Pension Fund’s assets, through sustained investment performance, to achieve lower long-term cost to the sponsor. Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Contribute to investment strategy reviews and drive the asset-liability modelling studies for the pension fund and update of the Fund’s Statement of Investment Principles.
• Develop, articulate and recommend appropriate strategies to leverage available market opportunities for the benefit of thefunds under management .
• Assess, analyze and prepare sound investment/divestment proposals for approval.
• Contribute to the Risk Management plan for Funds under the management of SNCPFA in order to exceed target returns within set risk parameters.
• Build and maintain expert knowledge of investment market developments that will affect local pension fund management.
• Establish and maintain cordial and mutually beneficial business and professional relationships with financial intermediaries, stockbrokers, registrars, other stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
A bachelor’s degree plus MBA or Professional Accounting qualification in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration with a minimum of 10 years substantial and hands on experience within a major financial organization in Capital Markets, Portfolio Management, Corporate Finance, Treasury and performance assessment and Solid knowledge of domestic and global financial markets.
• Ideally a result oriented, confident self-starter with high level energy and creative ideas and operates with unquestionable honesty and integrity.
• Proven leadership strengths in leading a high performance team, with a commitment to create, support and sustain an environment that enables staff to achieve results while developing and building organizational capacity for the future.
• Able to anticipate regulatory changes and to develop appropriate strategic response.
• Demonstrated proficiency in investment risk assessment through market intelligence or counter-party interviews while recommending investment decision on that basis.
• Strong commercial acumen with a proven track record of effectively and strategically negotiating financial transactions.
• Stellar communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Able to operate in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Strong analytical, economic and financial modelling skills