Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Hygiene Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – WASH
Experience Level: Mid Level
Reporting To: WASH Program Manager
Proposed Start Date: December 2021
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Hygiene Officer who will ensure the quality Implementation of the Public Health Promotion and Non-Food Items distribution of the WASH project.
- In coordination with the WASH Program Manager, revise and adapt hygiene promotion training material to local context and in line with target groups to be trained.
- Working closely with the WASH Program Manager throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of WASH technical activities.
- Represent the organization at local level WASH meetings and technical working groups relating to Public Health Promotion and NFI distribution as required by your line manager.
- Organize and train RRT, health workers from CTC and CTU on WASH management of cholera case.
- Ensure that the Public Health Promotion team members are fully aware of the hygiene promotion strategy and all activities are in line with strategy activities.
- Prepare training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct trainings for both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Plan beneficiary selection and registration, and lead the distribution of NFI kits with the field assistant team.
- Ensure that work meets with SPHERE minimum standards.
- Minimum of B.Sc in Public Health, Sociology, Environmental Biology, Hygiene and Sanitation related field.
- Previous experience in supervising hygiene promotion activities.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- 3 years of relevant work experience in the same position.
- Microsoft Office software skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa and Fulani language.
Starting Gross Basic Salary and Other Benefits:
- N281,063 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 7th December, 2021.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.