Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants and Compliance Coordinator
About The Program
- Action Against Hunger (AAH) has been operational in Nigeria since 2010 and has been a leading organization in strengthening nutrition security in Northern Nigeria.
- Employing a multi-sectoral approach to address significant nutrition security needs, AAH implements programs in nutrition, food security and livelihoods (FSL), social protection and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in Jigawa, Yobe and Borno states.
- In response to the humanitarian crisis in Northeastern Nigeria, AAH expanded its operations in 2014 to emergency programs.
- AAH currently implements 12 grants that target long-term development and humanitarian assistance with funding from DFID, USAID/OFDA, USAID/FFP, ECHO, French Embassy, GAC, SDC, and SIDA.
You’ll Contribute to Ending World Hunger by …
- Being responsible for grant compliance, development of grants management systems/tools, providing leadership for the pursuit of institutional donor resources, exploring private partnerships, overseeing strategic development of proposal design and, identifying and vetting potential local partners. The position is based in Abuja, Nigeria, with 30 to 50% of the time travelling to AAH programs in North East Nigeria.
Key Activities in Your Role
Grants & Compliance:
- Provide donor regulations to program teams and provide technical support on donor regulations and compliance.
- Identify risks of compliance and suggest mitigation measures.
- Support development of external communication tools as relevant.
- Participate in donor engagement.
- Develop and support the use of grants management tools and systems.
- Ensure high-quality and timely grant reporting with support of Grants and Reporting Officer.
- Distribute and share with all staff copies of all documentation (grant proposals, reports, budget etc) related to their specific programs.
Training and capacity building:
- Support field teams on project design and implementation.
- Facilitate trainings and capacity building for field teams, in particular Program Managers and Field Coordinators on the Project Management Cycle.
- Understand the relationship between the different phases and deliverables of the project cycle and help improve the linkages between departments.
- Identify the different reporting and monitoring tools of AAH-US and train teams to use these tools together (Activity Progress Reports, Budget follow-ups, etc.).
- Visit field sites in order to work directly with program staff on the development of proposals.
- Assist proposal development teams to improve proposal competitiveness through cross-sector engagement and integration of industry tools and best practices.
- Conduct after-action reviews as needed to develop lesson learned and improvements for future efforts.
- In coordination with the Technical DCD, lead program staff teams in the development of quality proposals.
- Act as the lead writer or editor for all proposals.
- Liaise with field teams, DCD Support and support staff to ensure coherence between budget and support sections with proposal narrative.
- Coordinate with AAH US HQ to ensure proposals meet internal standards, and to receive up-to-date donor guidelines
- Identify potential opportunities for partnerships with local and international organizations.
- Develop MOUs and teaming agreements for partnerships in compliance with AAH HQ guidelines.
- Vet potential partners with support of the program teams, support team, CD and DCDs.
Do You Fit The Description For The Role?:
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Competence with Windows, Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with budget development.
- Previous experience working with international partners, such as DFID, USAID/OFDA/FFP and ECHO preferred.
- Fluent written and spoken English required.
- Graduate Degree in International Development or AAH sector related field;
- Two years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Five years of work experience in international development, humanitarian assistance or related sector
- Successful track record of capturing new business.
- Experience leading new business development efforts, including program design, proposal writing, client / partner relationship development.
- Knowledge of Project Management Cycle and project management tools.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and demonstrated ability to write and edit reports under deadline pressure.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Work well independently and in teams.
Our Core values.
- In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger-USA-USA’s five core competencies
- Respect- we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
- Integrity-we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work; conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
- Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
- Excellence- we strive to provide services that meet, and even exceed, the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
- Empowerment- we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th July, 2018.