The U.S. Embassy in Abuja, is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the position in the Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
Job Title: Administrative Assistant FSN-07/FP-07
Work Hours: Full-Time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- Under the supervision of the of the Associate Director for Global Immunization Division (GID) Program, the incumbent serves as a prime contact for the program within CDC Nigeria and coordinates activities between the program and various stakeholders.
- S/he is responsible for the daily administration of GID Nigeria program including budget tracking and travel coordination.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Operations, Finance, Accounting or related field is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in administrative support or program assistant level is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Writing English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Knowledge of administrative/accounts and general office procedures is required.
- Proficiency in computer skills with experience in word processing and spreadsheets is required.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a FMA appointment are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of the employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personnel Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Only successful applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be notified.
- The minimum requirements must be adequately addressed in the cover letter of your application package. Failure to do so will disqualify your application.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
Or – Ordinarily Resident – N4,766,721 p.a.(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan
Nor – Non Ordinarily Resident – AEFM / EFM/MOH – US$35,014 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-07*
Application Closing Date
1st December, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All Applications should be Submitted to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Click here to download Application Form for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) (PDF 1.78 MB)
Click here to download the Instructions for Completing DS-174 (PDF 2.40 MB)
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.