Africa Youth Growth Foundation is a regional Non-Governmental Organization in Abuja for youth growth, development and empowerment, with a mission of building an African society through constructive engagement with stakeholders expand opportunities for self-development and realization among the youth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Coordinator (Step-Out Campaign Project)
Purpose of this Document
- This document is designed to guide the engagement of State Coordinators on the Step-Out campaign project, spelling out their roles and responsibilities, and a general description of their obligations in line with the laid-down work plan of the project implementation phase.
Background Information and Objectives
- Under the supervision of Step-Out Campaign Movement (A coalition of civil society, labour, religious, cultural/traditional, youth, women, media organisations and their leaders in Nigeria).
- The Step-Out Campaign is a project designed to tackle the issue of voter apathy and promote good governance in Nigeria.
- The project is designed to take on the model of mass action for popular participation, an advocacy and enlightenment campaign ahead of the 2019 general elections in Nigeria.To effectively drive this program, the campaign has been split into three sub-components; Step-Out to get your PVC ( this campaign starts with educating people on the need to obtain their permanent voters’ cards – PVCs to empower them fulfill their civic obligations as citizens), Step-Out to Vote ( this is aimed at creating awareness on the need for the electorate to perform their civic obligations by stepping out to vote on the day of elections and this component serves as the basis upon which the entire project is built) and Step-Out to Vote Right (this component is designed to basically educate the electorate on the need to vote right, devoid of ethnic, religious, tribal or gender sentiments or vote buying among others ).
- The core objective of this project lies on the National Day of Action which is a day set aside for mass mobilization of the masses to rally in support and solidarity of the Step-Out Campaign movement. The National Day of Action is slated for 30th August 2018.
- The major goal of the Step-Out Campaign is to create awareness on voter apathy in Nigeria, increase citizen participation in political and electoral process, respect for democratic and electoral values, principles and best practices through advocacy and mass mobilization.
- The Step-Out Campaign National Day of Action is scheduled to hold in major states across the 6 geo-political zones in Nigeria on the 30th of August 2018. FCT, Gombe, Enugu, Rivers (Port-Harcourt), Lagos, and Kano have been slated for the National Day of Action. For effective planning and mobilization, the Step-Out Campaign movement would engage individuals in each location to serve as State Coordinators under the general supervision of the Step-Out campaign project manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide weekly reports to the Step-Out Campaign manager on the progress of their activities.
- Mobilize and engage media organizations and individuals within their localities to promote and project the ideals and objectives of the campaign.
- The state coordinators are responsible for the mobilization of individuals, local organizations, stakeholders, and security agencies ahead of the National Day of Action.
- Collate, process, and analyze information on issues and statistics regarding the Step-Out campaign in their specific areas.
- Implement strategies for the campaign in line with the work plan document.
Materials and Resources:
- To ensure the success of the campaign, advocacy materials and other resources would be made available to all state coordinators ahead of the National Day of Action.
- However, state coordinators are also advised to solicit for support from individuals, institutions, and organizations in their localities to guarantee the success of the campaign
Expression of Interest
- The Step Out Campaign Movement is looking to engage State Coordinators to aid in mobilization and coordination of activities ahead of the National Day of Action inGombe, Enugu and Rivers State.
Eligible applicants must;
- Reside in Imo, Abuja, Kano, Gombe, Enugu, Lagos Rivers states
- Be proactive in actions.
- Have knowledge or experience in the area of grant and resource mobilization.
- Must be a good orator and canvasser
- Must have a first degree in any discipline
- Must be young people oriented
- Have experience in the workings of Civil Society organizations, youth mobilization or Media.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send a Letter of Intent and CV to: [email protected] copy [email protected] and [email protected] to the mail
Application Deadline 31st July, 2018.
For Inquiries Contact: 08175710250/ 07030209157