At Air Peace Limited, we continuously strive for excellence in all we do. Through our people we are able to attain higher heights because their unique strengths and experiences help us turn challenges into opportunities. We employ the best talent and provide a great opportunity and environment for them to display their best skills in a service driven environment. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Quality Supervisor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Quality Department – Engineering
Reports to: Head Of Quality
- The Deputy Quality Supervisor reports to the Quality Manager (Post Holder) and is responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining a Quality Management System with the aim of emphasizing operational excellence in Ground Operations, Flight Operations and Crew Training.
- He is responsible for the setup, maintenance, development, continuous monitoring, periodic review and continuous improvement of an independent Operations Quality Assurance Program in compliance with the Nigerian Civil Aviation Regulations, as amended.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operations, Flight Operations and Crew Training Departments that complies with all relevant aviation regulations and directives as approved by NCAA and set forth in Nig. CARS.
- Assisting the Quality Manager (Post Holder) to co-ordinate continuous liaison with the Authority in respect to organizational, administrative or operational matters, changes affecting the organization, procedures, and the Authority’s approval.
- Ensuring that any operations contractor has a quality system for monitoring the contracted tasks being performed in accordance with the standards set and procedures accepted by the NCAA.
- Ensuring the necessary operational Publications are controlled and updated in a manner approved by the NCAA.
- Ensuring required operational records are properly preserved per approved records management policies.
- Ensuring that remedial actions are taken by the responsible Managers and Post Holders Ground Operations, Flight Operations and Crew Training when non-compliance with the requirements are observed.
- Taking the necessary corrective action resulting from quality discrepancy reporting system and any non-conformances identified.
- Assisting the Quality Manager (Post Holder) to report to the NCAA and relevant stakeholders on any operational condition which could hazard safety.
- Evaluating and monitoring quality and performance of service providers, product suppliers as well as contracted ground/flight/crew training operations functions in support of the operations of Air Peace Limited.
- Supervision and control of NCAA initiated compliance audit program ensuring timely feedback to the NCAA.
- Supervision of the line station audit program, including fuel/water/ de-icing audit.
- Prepare and lead external party audit to APL.
- Provide audits and inspections input to the management review report and other required reports.
- Coordinate New station Set up technical Audit.
- Lead, develop and monitors the performance of sectional Quality Auditors by training and effective supervision of assigned tasks.
- Informing the Accountable Manager and relevant Post Holders of new amendment of Nig. CAR and NCAA publications.
- Monitors all internal and regulatory operational exemptions.
- Lead, develop and monitors the performance of sectional Quality Auditors and Inspectors by training and effective supervision of assigned tasks Supervision of all technical audit and inspection programs.
- Other tasks assigned by Quality Manager (Post Holder).
- The assigned Deputy Quality Supervisor shall have some extensive operational management experience and established professional qualifications in aviation with knowledge and understanding of aviation accident prevention, quality auditing and safety management systems.
The qualifications of the Deputy Quality Supervisor include:
- Degree holder or its equivalent in Operations related field or Professional License in Ground or Flight Operations.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role with Knowledge of Quality Systems, Health, Safety and Environment.
- Management experience is an added advantage.
- Exposure to ICAO, IATA, NCAA and other aviation seminars would be a strong advantage.
- A certificate in quality assurance / safety management.
- A good command of oral and communication skills.
- Sound Knowledge of Nig.CARS and relevant regulations.
- Sound Knowledge of APL Operations Specifications and Operations Manuals.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft suite.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Deputy Quality Supervisor” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 28th July, 2023.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted