At Air Peace Limited, we continuously strive for excellence in all we do. Through our people we are able to attain higher heights because their unique strengths and experiences help us turn challenges into opportunities. We employ the best talent and provide a great opportunity and environment for them to display their best skills in a service driven environment. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Supervisor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Quality Department – Engineering
Reports to: Head Of Quality
- The Quality Supervisor reports to the Quality Manager and is responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining a Quality Management System with the aim of emphasizing operational excellence in Engineering (Continuing Airworthiness) and maintenance.
- He/She is responsible for the set-up, maintenance, development, continuous monitoring, periodic review and continuous improvement of an independent Technical Quality Assurance Program in compliance with the Nigerian Civil Aviation Regulations, as amended.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting the Quality Manager to establish a Quality System corresponding to the needs and requirements of Air Peace Engineering (Continuing Airworthiness) and Maintenance Department that complies with all relevant aviation regulations and directives as approved by NCAA and set forth in Nig. CARs.
- Assisting the Quality Manager to co-ordinate continuous liaison with the Authority in respect to organizational, administrative or technical matters, changes affecting the organization, procedures, and the Authority’s approval.
- Ensuring all mandatory requirements from Authorities are met, including but not limited to the compliance of Airworthiness Directives.
- Provide the Approvals, Standards & Compliance input to the management review report and other required reports.
- Ensuring Tech Log and its subsequent amendments is approved by the NCAA.
- Assisting the Quality Manager to report to the NCAA and the Manufacturers on any condition of the aircraft (or a component) which could hazard safety.
- Evaluating and monitoring quality and performance of service providers, product suppliers as well as contracted maintenance functions in support of the operations of Air Peace Limited.
- Ensuring that any maintenance contractor has a quality system for monitoring the contracted tasks being performed in accordance with the standards set and procedures accepted by the NCAA.
- Lead, develop and monitors the performance of sectional Quality Auditors and Inspectors by training and effective supervision of assigned tasks.
- Informing the Quality Manager and the Post Holder, Engineering & Maintenance of new amendment of Nig. CAR and NCAA publications.
- Monitors all internal and regulatory exemptions, concessions, extensions related to Maintenance Programs and the Minimum Equipment List.
- Development and management of Approvals, Standards & Compliance Teams.
- Ensuring the necessary Technical Publications are controlled and updated in a manner approved by the NCAA.
- Ensuring required technical records are properly preserved per approved records management policies.
- Control of the issue of maintenance authorizations for Certifying Staff, ensuring that such staffs are aware of their duties and responsibilities and keeping record of their training and experience.
- Ensuring that remedial actions are taken by the responsible Managers and Post Holder in Engineering and Maintenance when non-compliance with the requirements are observed with the knowledge of the Quality Manager.
- Taking the necessary corrective action resulting from quality discrepancy reporting system and any non-conformances identified.
- Perform Authorized Staff initial/recurrent assessment/interview and approval for all category of staff including but not limited to Certifying staff, Engine Ground Run staff, BSI, ETOPS Certifying staff, Training instructor (full time/part time), Auditor, CMR signatory, Store Inspector, Quality Control Inspector, etc.
- Other tasks assigned by Quality Manager.
- The assigned Quality Supervisor shall have operational management experience and established professional qualifications in aviation with knowledge and understanding of aviation accident prevention, quality auditing and safety management systems.
The qualifications of the Quality Supervisor include the following:
- Degree holder or its equivalent in an Aircraft Engineering and Maintenance field or Professional License in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering issued by NCAA.
- Management experience is an added advantage.
- Exposure to ICAO, IATA, NCAA and other aviation seminars would be a strong advantage.
- A certificate in quality assurance/safety management.
- A good command of oral and communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role with Knowledge of Quality Systems, Health, Safety and Environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Quality Supervisor” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 28th July, 2023.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted