Alert Microfinance bank is a leading financial service provider with core mandate of providing affordable, flexible financial and non-financial services to SME, Private and Public Sectors. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control & Compliance Executive
Employment Type: Full-time
- Internal Control & Compliance Executive at Alert Microfinance Bank is a critical role in delivering the organization’s strategic objectives by conducting periodic assessments to evaluate conformance with code of ethics and regulatory bodies, carrying out operational audits to ensure the organization meets operational requirements.
- Conducting compliance risk assessments.
- Conducting internal reviews and audits.
- Conducting operational audits to ensure the organization meets operational requirements.
- Advising internal management and business partners on the implementation of compliance programs.
- Developing risk management strategies.
- Following up on compliance issues that require investigation.
- Evaluating compliance systems and ensuring adequate software is in place.
- Reporting on compliance.
- Conduct periodic assessments to evaluate conformance with code of ethics and regulatory standards (regulatory bodies).
- Dealing and being the point of contact for the regulators (CBN, IFRS etc).
- Conducting regular GAP analysis on new and updated controls and best practices in the Microfinance Industry.
- Minimum of B.Sc or HND in Accounts and Finance related role.
- Minimum of 5 years of Cognate experience in Microfinance Industry as Compliance Manager is a MUST.
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional association, e.g. ACA, ICAN, ACCA.
- Previous experience in Management and proficient use of accounting software E.g Quickbooks, Peachtree, SAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Word.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Promotes team work, contributes towards building team consensus and acts as a team player.
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Internal Control & Compliance Executive” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 26th November, 2021.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.