Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services (AMFacilities) was incorporated in January 2006. Our primary focus is to provide Facility Management Services, Project Management and Real Estate Development Consultancy, and Training services support to corporate organisations and private investors with major Real Estate assets. We pride ourselves in the delivery of high quality professional services which ensure minimum total life cycle cost of assets to their owners.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: HVAC Technician
- Alpha Mead Facilities is looking for a hard-working, dedicated HVAC Technician to join our growing staff.
- The individual in this role will be responsible for installing, inspecting, and fixing our customers’ heating, cooling, and ventilation systems.
- Candidates should have extensive experience handling, installing, and fixing HVAC equipment, and be comfortable working with little to no supervision.
- Go to homes and businesses on a daily basis as scheduled
- Troubleshoot current HVAC system issues
- Repair damaged HVAC systems
- Sell ongoing maintenance contracts to current customers
- Keep records of customer appointments and payment transactions including invoices
- Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment and HVAC resources
- Perform consultations with customers
- Determine customer needs and discuss all solution methods
- Install new heating, cooling, and ventilation systems
- Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems to increase longevity
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the required capacity
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex HVAC issues with customers in a way they understand
- Critical-thinker, problem-solver
- Must be punctual and adhere to a daily schedule with multiple appointments in different locations
- Certification through the Environmental Protection Agency to handle refrigerants required
- Certification or associate’s degree from an HVAC program at a technical school required
- Previous on the job training a plus
Job Title: Generator Technician
- Alpha Mead Facilities and Management Services is currently sourcing for a Generator Technician to perform a variety of skilled and technical tasks in the inspection, repair, preventive, and corrective maintenance and modification on Internal Combustion (IC) engines, diesel generators, and other IC gaseous engines; tests, replaces or adjusts engine components such as valves, pistons, bearings, emissions systems, and other related systems; and, interprets schematic wiring and modifies diesel control circuits.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist and participate in routine inspections and make modifications to IC engines, diesel generators, and associated equipment.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS) and annunciator panels.
- Perform load testing on units to identify possible problems and prevent wet stacking.
- Make electrical and mechanical wiring modifications to diesel control circuits.
- Rebuild and repair gas compressors (turbochargers) used for forced-induction of IC engines, head gaskets, seals, water pumps, catalytic converters, torque heads, belts and hoses.
- Conduct automatic and manual transfer tests of simulated power outages to ensure generators are functioning properly.
- Test batteries, fuel coolant, and oil; ship oil samples for analysis.
- Transport and dispose hazardous materials.
- Basic electrical, mechanical, thermal, and hydraulic principles and practices.
- Engine Control systems and other program logic controls that are associated with IC power generation.
- Electrical and mechanical safety procedures.
- Natural Fire Protections Codes.
- Lockout/tagout Procedures.
- Appropriate electrical and mechanical personal protective equipment (PPE).
- IC Diesel and other gaseous IC engines.
- Technique in tracking, transporting, and disposing hazardous materials.
- Rigging standards and principles of safe and efficient methods for handling heavy objects.
- IT Skills is would be an added advantage
- Read electrical and mechanical drawings and prints.
- Use electrical testing and calibration equipment to include but not limited to: Digital-Volt-OHM-Meters, DVOM), Mega-ohmmeters, Oscilloscopes, Power Quality Meters, and Loop Calibrators.
- Use calibrated mechanical tools to include but not limited to: torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, and vacuum and pressure manometers.
- Use stationary machine tooling to include but not limited to: drill presses, grinders, band saws, pipe threads/cutters, lathes, iron workers and hydraulic presses.
- Follow applicable state and national regulations; safety guidelines; and procedures.
- Rebuild engines.
- Interpret and analyze characteristics of oil samples.
- Identify wet stacking problems in gasoline and diesel engines.
- Record and track the transporting of materials.
- Rig and handle heavy objects.
- Operate cranes and forklifts.
- Climb into confined spaces that may contain hazardous gas.
- Lift moderately heavy objects weighing up to approximately 50 pounds
Required Education and Experience
- Successful completion of a two-year technical electrical or mechanical trade school; NABTEB OR IIT
- At least one year of experience in the general maintenance, servicing, and repair of diesel and gas engines and other electrical systems related to light and heavy duty machinery and mechanical equipment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 12th June, 2018.